Thread: 1228747 flashing CEL

Carb and Points!

1228747 flashing CEL

Attempting to tune a 1228747 PCM using Moates APU1. I installed the G2 adapter and get a dim, fast flashing CEL and my datastream isn't showing correctly. The truck does start and run. I used the bin, XDF and ADX files from this site. I then pulled the stock bin from the AUMU chip and uploaded that bin but no difference.

I don't know if I messed something up when installing the G2. I got another 8747 PCM and I am going to try it again.

I did some reading that the 7747 has this problem and requires the socket booster to fix this issue. Does the 8747 suffer from this also?

I'm worried that I'm going to try this new ECM and the CEL still blink.

Thanks for any help.

J

Fuel Injected!
    8747 and 7747 are similar and both need a socket booster. 7427 and similar second gen PCM's don't require a socket booster.
    1990 Chevrolet K2500, RCLB, Blueprint 383 TBI (16197427 ECM / 61 lb/hr / 16 psi FP), NV4500, NP241C, 4.10

The Socket Booster is only needed with the Ostrich, the APU1 shouldn't need it.

Do you have Tuner Pro set correctly to use the Autoprom? Did you upload the bin before you turned the key on? Did you disable checksum?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I use the 1228062 ECM and I know on that one as well as the 1227747 ECM, the checksum has to be set to AA, and, needs the socket booster, otherwise weird stuff happens.

http://support.moates.net/gm-86-95-obd1-guide-read-me/

Carb and Points!
    Sorry it took so long to update this. Apparently I did damage the ECM when installing the G2. I had an someone who specializes in it swap it over to the new ECM. No more flashing CEL. I talked to Dave@Moates and he said you don't need a booster with the AUP1.

The next thing I'm trying to figure out is why the data logger is soooooooooooooo slow. I understand it's an older ECM and the baud rate is slower but as is, having it is pointless. It's probably something in the settings.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    The Socket Booster is only needed with the Ostrich, the APU1 shouldn't need it.

Do you have Tuner Pro set correctly to use the Autoprom? Did you upload the bin before you turned the key on? Did you disable checksum?
    I did upload before I turned the key on. I did not disable checksum. This is my first time using TP and have quite a bit of reading to do.

After I had it running I changed the idle RPM(wanted to do something simple). When I updated it the CEL came on and didn't change the idle speed. I shut it off and restarted it and the CEL was off and it idled higher.

You need to disable checksum in order to emulate. What you describe is EXACTLY what happens when you don't disable check sum.

Also, no setting sto change to get the datastream quicker, it's just agonizingly slow on the 160 baud ECMs.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    You need to disable checksum in order to emulate. What you describe is EXACTLY what happens when you don't disable check sum.

Also, no setting sto change to get the datastream quicker, it's just agonizingly slow on the 160 baud ECMs.
    Thank you and everyone else for the help. That took care of the problem. Now I'm trying to find where to disable CL. I have found a bunch of "timers" and "thres" but not coolant temp yet so i can disable it.

I even setup data tracing which i was quite proud of myself for. lol.

Carb and Points!
    Actually I miss spoke. I'd like to disable LTFT(I know they are called something else)not disable CL.