For the past year or so, and possibly longer than that since the conversion from carburetor to TBI, I've been fighting an issue with the TCC lockup.

But I believe it goes a little deeper than that though and am at a point where more opinions on the matter would be appreciated.

The current setup is as follows:

1993 3.4l 60v6
1988 1228062 2.8l ecm and associated components.
1991 4.3l throttle body with 4.3l injectors with the correct factory bracket ensuring the geometry of the TV cable and throttle cable are as they should be. Both 2.8 and 4.3 throttle bodies use the same bracket.

On a side note, I have tried using a 1227747 ecm, but had more difficult time in tuning that one, so I reverted back to the 1228062 with the 2.8l BIN file. I may later on go back to the 7747, but the there seem to be parameters in the BINS that seem to be specific to 60 degree cranks and 90 degree cranks.

In any case, I believe that one of the issues I might fighting is the amount of movement of the throttle when comparing the 2.8 throttle body to the 4.3 throttle body. It would seem to me that if both TB's are opened so that the voltage from the TPS is equal, while both throttle shafts may be at the same angle, the amount of air flow will be different.

Now for both to be moving the same amount of air at a particular speed/rpm, the throttles would be open to a different amount. The TPS value would be different between the two, but the associated parameters in the BIN files can be changed to compensate for that, but, the TV valve travel would not be the same even though nothing physically changed between the TV cable/throttle cable settings.

Any opinions?