Thread: LT1 BLM Locker questions.

Carb and Points!

LT1 BLM Locker questions.

I did a little research from the site here and I have some questions.

I have a 1994 Z28 w/cc503 cam, Yank 3600 stall, etc.

I patched in the BLM Locker, but my question is what is the exact name of the parameters that need to be adjusted for max power?

There are really no LT1 tuners in S.E. Wisconsin that are good, and I also have the opportunity to Dyno my car at a new shop for free.

Next question is the 'Stall Wall" issue. I almost have it down, but I bounce of the rev limiter 5-6 times before it shifts compared to bouncing off the rev limiter a lot and having to let off for it to shift. I am wondering if any other parameters should be adjusted.

Thanks for the input!

Fuel Injected!
    There is a speed and rpm table for PE mode shifting. Try lowing the speed table a bunch and then drop the rpm until it quits hitting the rev limiter. Actually, dropping to about 5k rpm and then watching the actual shift rpm works well. You then know how many rpm from the limiter you are so bump the rpm up a bit less than that.

Once I figure out the WOT shift, I like to go back and figure out the mph and reset the PE speed table as well as the PE kickdown table. Then I match that to the top of the normal mode shift table to the PE mode numbers. I blend the normal mode shift table to match these upper numbers. That way, there isn't a dis-continuity in the way it shifts between normal mode and PE mode. I hate the stock setups that require PE mode to kickdown and then upshift again if you lift just enough to drop out of PE mode.