Thread: convert tun to bin

Electronic Ignition!

PCM VATS

Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    There are two 2002 Express van bins here:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post18585

One is a 4L60, the other is a 4L80.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I am thinking the 2002 Express would have the L31 5.7 Liter engine, not the LS1 5.7 Liter engine? Maybe there is a typo (S instead of 3)?

dave w

thank you LRT for quick answer but all of that is coded by tunerpro software
    and Mr dave w you are right

I want that file for ls1 pcm and i found bin file for ls1 and i programed directly to the chip but engine does not run
    my problem is VATS ,Car starts and immediately dies

I have raw bin file and I don't have hptuners and efilive interface , i cant buy that
    If i have another way to disable that security system please tell me
    I thinking i need raw bin file that VAT was disabled
    I transplants engine and now does not run
    If you can please help me

here is my pcm file
    Attachment 10713

Many Thanks
    Last edited by okay; 07-11-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    The tune that you attached to post #13 is corrupt, as is the bin that you attached to post #16.

I would not recommend using either of these.

What are you using to flash the PCM ?

What exact engine and transmission combination do you have ?

Better to answer these questions first, and then perhaps we can find a way to provide help that is actually useful.

Electronic Ignition!
    I use programmer to program directly chip 28f400b image1 image2
    my engine is ls1 5.7 V8 (corvette c5) image3
    and transmission is 4L60e

bin file in post#16 is a raw bin file that i readed from chip (factory file)

The attached .bin is not Stock, use at your own RISK! I can't remember all the changes I did, but I'm sure I disabled VATS. Basically I flashed a PCM with the modified Corvette .ctz file I downloaded from Tune Depot. Then I read back the modified Corvette flash as a .bin file.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by okay View Post
    I use programmer to program directly chip 28f400b image1 image2
    my engine is ls1 5.7 V8 (corvette c5) image3
    and transmission is 4L60e

bin file in post#16 is a raw bin file that i readed from chip (factory file)
    Thank you for posting the photos ... in this case a picture is indeed worth 1000 words !

The engine is a 24x CKP and 1x CMP (Gen 3), so the Express Van tune (4x CKP and 1x CMP) from post #13 will not operate this engine.

Whatever software you are using to read directly from the flash chip, is saving the raw data (bin file) in a unique order, which is not readily compatible with tuning software. This is why the bin in post #16 appeared to be corrupt. It is not corrupt, but rather just saved in a unique format.

You can only flash a bin file with your software, that uses this specific format. Do NOT flash any bins found on the internet using this software - the result would likely be catastrophic to the PCM.

Now that I know how your bin data is saved, I can work with this format.

What do you need ?

VATS turned off ?

Rear oxygen sensors turned off ?

Transmission mounted Gear Position Switch deleted ?

Just let me know ....

Fuel Injected!
    The attached .bin is not Stock, use at your own RISK! I can't remember all the changes I did, but I'm sure I disabled VATS. Basically I flashed a PCM with the modified Corvette .ctz file I downloaded from Tune Depot. Then I read back the modified Corvette flash as a .bin file.

dave w
    Dave you are a good man ... but per my post above, I do not believe that he can successfully flash "regular" bin files with his particular software.

Dave you are a good man ... but per my post above, I do not believe that he can successfully flash "regular" bin files with his particular software.
    I agree. The .bin I posted should work after it is correctly formatted. Most, if not all the modifications needed are done for an engine transplant.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!

dave w
    thank you Mr dave
    If I can't find solution I will test this file and I will tell you

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you for posting the photos ... in this case a picture is indeed worth 1000 words !

The engine is a 24x CKP and 1x CMP (Gen 3), so the Express Van tune (4x CKP and 1x CMP) from post #13 will not operate this engine.

Whatever software you are using to read directly from the flash chip, is saving the raw data (bin file) in a unique order, which is not readily compatible with tuning software. This is why the bin in post #16 appeared to be corrupt. It is not corrupt, but rather just saved in a unique format.

You can only flash a bin file with your software, that uses this specific format. Do NOT flash any bins found on the internet using this software - the result would likely be catastrophic to the PCM.

Now that I know how your bin data is saved, I can work with this format.

What do you need ?

VATS turned off ?

Rear oxygen sensors turned off ?

Transmission mounted Gear Position Switch deleted ?

Just let me know ....
    thank you for your information about ls1 and l31

software that i used to read chip is a programmer software . I can read,write,erase,and save file with that. image1
    1-yes just i want disable VATS (turned off)
    2-this engine doesn't have any oxygen sensor ( no oxygen sensor-first and rear sensor)even all the pins related to the sensor is empty in pcm and doesn't have MAF sensor
    3-yes the Transmission mounted Gear Position Switch (selector or pnp) is removed image2

thank you

Fuel Injected!
    Wow ...

OK, I took a look at your calibration, and it is indeed setup to operate in Open Loop all of the time. The short-term and long-term fuel trims are disabled, and all four oxygen sensors have been disabled.

This type of tune is not recommended for anything other than a dedicated race or competition vehicle. At minimum you will want to permanently install a wide band oxygen sensor, to monitor your air / fuel ratio.

Attached below is the bin that you posted, with the VATS disabled and the transmission mounted Gear Position (or PNP) Switch disabled.

Use this bin at your own risk. It is based on a 2001 Holden with an LS1 and a 4L60E.

Electronic Ignition!
    thank you so much
    I appreciate
    I will test this file

Fuel Injected!
    Any chance the original is for leaded fuel?
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

Electronic Ignition!
    Wow ...

OK, I took a look at your calibration, and it is indeed setup to operate in Open Loop all of the time. The short-term and long-term fuel trims are disabled, and all four oxygen sensors have been disabled.

This type of tune is not recommended for anything other than a dedicated race or competition vehicle. At minimum you will want to permanently install a wide band oxygen sensor, to monitor your air / fuel ratio.

Attached below is the bin that you posted, with the VATS disabled and the transmission mounted Gear Position (or PNP) Switch disabled.

Use this bin at your own risk. It is based on a 2001 Holden with an LS1 and a 4L60E.
    I am so exited to say it worked and we were able to start this car.
    Needless to say I appreciate all your help on this matter. Thank you so much.
    May I pick your brain and ask you how did you were able to do this. What program did u use??

Fuel Injected!
    Binary data storage / priority uses different forms. Your software appears to store the bin in Little Endian format. I first converted your bin to Big Endian format (which most tuning software will recognize, and open), then I edited this reformatted bin using Tunerpro. Once the editing was complete, I converted the format back to Little Endian, so that you could flash it.

I looked up the user manual for your software. If you go to the Buffer Menu, it appears you can switch between Little Endian and Big Endian format using the "swap bytes" option.

Electronic Ignition!
    Binary data storage / priority uses different forms. Your software appears to store the bin in Little Endian format. I first converted your bin to Big Endian format (which most tuning software will recognize, and open), then I edited this reformatted bin using Tunerpro. Once the editing was complete, I converted the format back to Little Endian, so that you could flash it.

I looked up the user manual for your software. If you go to the Buffer Menu, it appears you can switch between Little Endian and Big Endian format using the "swap bytes" option.
    LS1 engine run video
    https://www.4shared.com/video/pSePeV..._17-02-25.html

do you have special XDF file (tunerpro)?
    I can't find xdf file for this type of pcm