Been spending some time here lurking and decided to register so I can ask questions and pursue my interest in a add-on throttle body FI setup!!

I've got a 1978 Ford 3/4ton van with a Pathfinder Quadravan 4x4 conversion, I've finally brought it back to operational status after almost 9 years of inactivity. It's got a warmed over 460(RV cam, head work and a Carter/Edelbrock AFB) that is notably thirsty. I'd like to do some kind of simplistic add-on throttle body fuel injection setup (still utilizing the carburetor dual plane manifold) with the hope of better altitude compensation as a 2.5 hour trip North can gain 5-7K+ elevation with some notable grades. Also better MPG's, throttle response and power would be positive additional changes.

Cost is a factor as I've not won the Lotto yet.......I've got a old/analog Holley 2 barrel Pro-jection on the shelf but haven't decided to pursue that route yet. Been doing a lot of reading on the 'net and it seems that a BBC TBI might be a more viable setup for parts availability and tuning!??
Thanks in advance for any ideas regarding what might be viable/practical for my van with the thirsty 460!! XPLRN