Yes, the injectors really fit. I was very lucky and noticed that Delphi posted a *lot* of technical details for their injectors in the early years of the company. I copied everything I could get. I ran four TBI injectors in a 2.2 pfi manifold with a turbo for several years and it worked well for me.

You need to spend time looking through archives at j-body. Most of the best discussion was in the performance forum and second gen forum. The tuning forum wasn't even around when I started over there.

Single fire mode pulses the injectors half as often but with twice the pulse. Double fire is normal operation, two pulse per crank revolution. There are settings that could be adjusted to disable single fire mode and there should be a bit in the data stream to indicate which mode the pcm is using.

PE delay is what usually prevents quick PE entry. Zero is a good number for the bypass rpm value.

I don't remember what tables are in that ecm for AE. They usually include a time vs angle, a multiplier vs temp and a multiplier vs RPM. Those can by tricky to work out. I usually end up with different values than original... I won't promise but I'll try to fire up my old machine today and look at the disassemblies and notes that I have on the 95 ecm.

Is the car manual or auto equipped? With auto you can at least sit in the parking lot and load the drivetrain to see if your changes are making a difference. With manual you really need a place to drive and log.

Datalogging during the race is a good idea. If a generic scantool will read data from that ecm I'd look at some of the plug in datalogger boxes that have built in memory. Get a better one and it will have GPS data as well. Some even have wireless transmission ability although I'm not sure how good the signal is.

Remember that there needs to be a balance of fuel and air at all times. With AE I look for a "pop" which usually indicates a lean condition and a sog plus black smoke which indicates a rich condition. I start by trying to get the steady state right then moving to the AE although that may be much harder with your car. If the plenum is still stock

Here's something to think of while you're working out the kinks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYi_BXnyFwQ