Thread: Hello

Electronic Ignition!

Hello

hello all

i have been lurking for a while trying to read and learn ... but now i had to register because i need some assistance from those more knowledgeable then I

What are you working on?

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    TY dave

well i'm working on a 1995 cavalier circle track car

i just did a fresh built 2.2 OHV with a stage 1 cam, roller rockers and some headwork (shaved 4 cc off head and very mild port work)

the ecm is a 16196285 ... obd1.5 thing ... it is chipped and we are running a tune that just gave us some spark advance, brought PE in earlier, and shut off EGR .. as thats all i had the knowledge to do on the stock motor

when i first dropped the new motor in last weekend and fired it up the throttle response and power were horrible ... i think i can attribute most of that to the ecm relearning as its much better now but not perfect yet

so when i saw the lack of power and Throttle response i decided that i need to get data from this setup ... which was the first part of what made me register =)

after building a diy adld cable and editing my adx with the info i found here and on j-body.org ... as of this morning i believe that i'm loging accurate data via tunerpro rt (even though it shows errors being counted in the stream the data finally looks correct)

so my next step is to learn how to tune the rest of the stuff i need to change like afr, injector pulse width, etc...

unfortunately i can only acquire data in park due to the car not being street legal so that introduces other issues ... and the dyno guys near me wont touch it unless its obd2 so its all on me to figure out lol

Administrator
    Howdy. The '95 bridges the gap between OBDI and II so there are quite a few tables to cover in that ecm. It's good because there are some very significant gains that can be found in the engine. Unfortunately the stock injectors quickly limit maximum power and there are few replacements that fit in a stock manifold. Providing that you have a good fuel supply and delivery system, we can most likely help with the tuning to get the engine running correctly.

Electronic Ignition!
    yes the stock injectors are a huge issue ... but i have a 98 block already bored .020 over and head that needs work that i'm building for next year/backup ... that block has the newer plastic intake that will accept normal injectors

i also have an adapter plate that will allow me to use the newer intake on this head ... but i shyed away from that at the moment due to not having the resources to tune/flash the obd2 computer i would have to swap in to run that

current fuel system is robust enough ... aeromotive inline pump 8 gal fuelcell ... upgraded to 7/16 lines brand new injectors and regulator

i posted a thread in the tuner pro section with my current issues

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...9092#post59092