Thread: Help! Constant errors when trying to connect to Tunerpro RT for data acquisition?

Fuel Injected!

Help! Constant errors when trying to connect to Tunerpro RT for data acquisition?

I've tried several times to log data using Tunerpro RT and every time it connects/errors endlessly until I give up. I can never get a stable datastream. Acquisition rate never goes above 5hz. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    Hello Johnny-

What vehicle is this for? You might also want to post your adx file for the experts to look at. Finally, what brand of cable? You might need to do some additional configuration.

I get constant errors when I try to data log with a DC-to-AC inverter to supply power to my laptop. I also get constant errors when I try using a USB extension cable between the ALDL cable and the laptop.

Are you using a serial to USB adapter to data log with? I had nothing but problems with my serial to USB adapter.

Are you using a "Home Built" ALDL cable? If so can you post the schematic and parts list you used to build the ALDL cable?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I'm trying this on a '95 Corvette. Im using the Moates ALDL cable and serial converter. I get constant errors whether plugged into AC source or AC/DC Converter. The adx file I pulled from an $EE Tuning writeup on this forum
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Can you run off battery? That is the best to reduce noise.

That is a very good adx file. The challenge with the Corvettes is to silence the CCM. I suspect that the bad data that you are seeing is actually the CCM communicating. I would try increasing/decreasing the number times the silence CCM macro runs, and also trying different wait times. The adx file is written properly to look for the F0 poll from the CCM and to reply with a CCM silence. It just doesn't seem to work all the time for everyone. If you set the macro to run many times, you hope that at one time it lands where the CCM wants it. Try 50 or 100 times and see if works or not.

Fuel Injected!
    bare with me as I'm not super familiar with editing adx files.

what exactly is the macro and how do i set the macro to run more times?