Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've had my "project" '80 vette for almost 20 years, since I was 19. Here's what's in it now:

Block GM 3970010
Heads GM 462624 on it now; Edelbrock Performer RPM 64cc 608919 will go on soon
Cam/Lifters Crane Cam/Lifter kit 100172 (I'm not sure why I put in a circle track cam, but it actually idles pretty good)
Intake Manifold Edelbrock 7101
Edelbrock 600 Carb

The carb and intake have been on the car for over 5 years, but they have less than 100 miles on them. Now I want to convert to EFI. I've been tinkering with my '87 vette lately and fell in love with the concept of fuel injection and closed loop engine management. The car's TPI system is finally running good and the car rocks. I used Datamaster and TunerCAT to datalog and burn chips with a Moates AutoProm. Bought a tune from Scott Hansen and he retuned based on my datalog until the car ran good. Good guy. He only does TPIs and it won't fit under my '80 hood. So I'm going to try to install and tune my first TBI system...

So far I've accumulated the following for the TBI conversion but none of it is installed
New '82 Corvette Fuel sending unit (it has provisions for a fuel pump)
New Walbro 255 lph pump
'7427 PCM from a '93 4.3L
Full PCM to engine bay harness from a '93 4.3L
All the sensors and modules on the harness. I think there is some emission stuff on there that I'll strip out when I clean up the harness
'94 454 trottle body with stock injectors. Can I use the stock 454 injectors if I turn down the fuel pressure?
TBI to carb intake adapter plate

I think I'm going to get a new distributor next, but need to do some reading on which one first.

BTW, thanks for posting all this great info on GM EFI systems. It's an interesting hobby that's fun because people like you folks.

Rob