Thread: Reading E38 with FGtech V54 >>>>> (PICs)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So the fgtech I got off eBay I could not read and of the tested ecms in the threads. I had updated the firmware in it via an online tutorial and it works great for bdm reads.

2ss8 gave me the link of the unit he bought I didn't update the firmware and used it strait out of the box not updating anything. I was able to read and write a 0411 ECM on the bench.

Fuel Injected!
    Can I have the link please?

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the link..
    http://m.dhgate.com/product/bdm-fram...246173209.html

It costs more money because I have bought it with Bdm frame .

Fuel Injected!
    Does this box read with Winflash? have anyone tried that?

Fuel Injected!
    Theres 2 types of tunerlock. There are just changing the security key - you can brute force this and then read with most tools (including mine). Then there is HPT proprietary tunerlock which applies to HPT COS, and that is an additional thing over the top of regular security lock. You can still read this my tool once you know the security key but you will have trouble with the HPT tunerlock.

For the record my tool will get there one day. Im playing around with different hardware at the moment as the AVT is prohibitively expensive in this part of the world. Once thats sorted I'll get back to it. Theres only so many hours in the week outside of work, and so many projects. Pretty cool that this uses bins.

Fuel Injected!
    Seems unbelievable that they can sell those cables (FGTech) in the $50 range, and actually make any profit. They will read and flash quite a few controllers - including GM's 512Kb and 1Mb PCMs, E38, and E67. The latest version may also cover the E78 and E83 ECMs (not sure).

As long as you have an old computer that you will never again connect to the internet, and you don't mind the Trojans that come with the software, these are likely the most economical means of getting the job done.

Fuel Injected!
    Of course they can do it by cloning the hardware and software so they have near zero development costs (and with the complexity of this generation of stuff and no public documentation the hardware and software development is very time consuming for the original developer), and then using the cheapest nastiest components (or omitting them entirely if they think they can get away with it) and then manufacturing in bulk with no support. Since the build is so cheap they can afford give no support and get away with it by only exchange at your cost for postage, so most people just throw it in the bin and its still a sale for them.