I found what may be a discrepancy in the XDF I'm using, but I need someone with more smarts than me to confirm. I took one semester of Assembly Language, and that was 45 years go!

Trying to program my 16183247 ECM from 95 Riviera, 3800 SC engine. I used XDF $5b 94-95 L27 L67 3.8.xdf file , 5B7a.adx. I was able to download the stock bin BKZS from the donor vehicle. Engine is installed in an '87 Fiero.

The problem is that I'm having issues getting VATS to disable. I "unchecked" the VATS enable box, saved the file, burned the chip, but car acts like it has Vats enabled. Engine runs for less than a second and dies. I cleared all codes, and Using TunerPro RT, I can see the Error Flag on VATS change as soon as I turn the key to try and start.

In the above referenced XDF file, the VATS Select flag shows Flag, Offset 8013, Mask:1 Using the HEX editor, I can see that the value changes from FE to FF, when I go from Checked to Unchecked. I used a different XDF file, $5b6, and find the VATs Select flag at 800E, Mask:1 , and the values switch from 00 to 01. All of this may be irrelevant, but I wanted to give as much info as I could.

My Question #1 is "Could the VATS location in the first referenced XDF be wrong?" That XDF has many more variables defined, and looks like it would be the better choice to use.

I've been advised that the Error codes will still set in the ECM, , even though VATS has been un-selected, and that I would have to disable those codes separately (626 and 629). The suggestion was that the Injectors may be stuck closed from sitting, and may need to be cleaned, rather than a VATS issue. Is this a fact- that the error codes will still set, even though VATS is not selected?

Only place I could find in TunerPro to change the error codes, other than de-selecting the Flags, would be to delete them in the ADX file. My thinking is that will just change what I see when data logging- not what gets set in the PCM. Can you give any advise on how to Disable these codes as well.

As always, appreciate your help.