Thread: Any one try Fgtech v54

Fuel Injected!

Any one try Fgtech v54

I saw that Fgtech v54 can read/write corvette ls1 and ls7 .

So could I use it for any ls1 ?
    Does it work with LS1 Flash Tool ?
    Last edited by 2ss8; 03-13-2016 at 08:56 AM.

Administrator
    It appears to work with LS1 but I have no experience with it. It's also cloned and sold cheaply on Ebay so who knows what you're going to get when you buy it. If you try it be sure and report back.

I have one that I use for pulling calibrations from LMM Duramax ecms. I did see the ls1 option but never tried it. I can say DO NOT put this software on your regular tuning laptop. I would put it on one that does not connect to the internet dedicated for software of its nature.

Fuel Injected!
    What software did you use to edit LMM Duramax file ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ss8 View Post
    What software did you use to edit LMM Duramax file ?

I goofed around with it in hex it pulls it in 3 different files. I was able to open it in efi live however it did not display the vin. I played with the ktag knock off it will pull LML files and EFI live will export it into a usable efi live file.

i tried the fgtech on the bench I bought it year and a half ago it would not read a 0411 on the bench. In the set up it said something of the new 2012 tool. It just timed out like no communication when I flashed it with TC no issues with a 2002 corvette calibration. Hope that helps

Fuel Injected!
    i have tried it on gmc 2004 1mb and e38 caprice . it pulled the files from the cars .it works but i need a swftware that can edit the files

i have tried it on gmc 2004 1mb and e38 caprice . it pulled the files from the cars .it works but i need a swftware that can edit the files
    Did you do it on the bench? And with the fgtech cable did you use the serial gender changer with the OBD cable?That's how I tried it on the 512kb ECM. I'll test mine on a e38 on the bench.

Fuel Injected!
    i have used it on the car . i have used serial gender changer with gmc only. i opend the file 10 min ago with EFI live after i added ''.bin'' to the files. EFI live reads the files correctly but i am not able to edit them cuz i do not have EFI live tools.

I am interested in this. I have a couple tunerlocked E38's I want to play with and unlock them.
    So, does the Fgtech read/write the E38?

Fuel Injected!
    Fgtech supposes to read/write E38 but I have not tried writing yet
    Last edited by 2ss8; 03-30-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Fgtech supposes to read/write E38 but I have not tried writing yet
    Edit:
    You say you did a read with the ECM in the car, it was using the OBD2 port or the BDM?
    Last edited by Montecarlodrag; 03-30-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, I was able. I chose E5 corvette for E38

Fuel Injected!
    i was never able to get clone galleto v54 to even read 411 (or anything for that matter) tried as tahoe and as vette always tries to read, relays click, then get message error wake (bench harness through obd2 port) chalked it up to a waste of 50 bucks.............

Quote Originally Posted by skandolis View Post
    i was never able to get clone galleto v54 to even read 411 (or anything for that matter) tried as tahoe and as vette always tries to read, relays click, then get message error wake (bench harness through obd2 port) chalked it up to a waste of 50 bucks.............
    I had the same result on teh 411 ecm. I was able to do a BDM read on a LMM Duramax ECM though. I wonder if its a cable or software issue? 2ss8 can you share the software version you have?

Fuel Injected!
    I'm gonna post that today or tomorrow. with pics