that's great it's working out for you even after your flash disaster.

really nice to know my tools are working alright for really new tuners. i've always tried to keep myself in the head space of how i was before i learned to tune.

compared to oldschool tuning, imagine being able to turn a distributor around and try different base timings while driving?

the biggest gain at WOT on an LT1 is in air fuel ratio. stock timing isn't so bad, you can modify the low rpm timing and gain a bit there, but the stock tune is really really rich, and also takes trims into account, which can be inconsistent.

install the blm locker patch in EEX so closed loop doesn't screw with your WOT AFR, then get it on a dyno and adjust down to about 13.0:1 AFR (or even as lean as 13.5:1) and it'll gain huge, huge power

aiming for a 13.3:1 AFR i went from barely barking the tires between gears to smoking them right through 4th. the stock tune after a mild cam swap was like 11.8:1 at high RPM.

need a wideband to get that right, though.. but dropping about 8-10% of fuel from the WOT tables usually doesn't blow anything up.