Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: WBO2-Tuning Spreadsheet

Fuel Injected!
    I've got one of these on my FireStick. I'm not sure what connector you guys need but there are a ton of small adapters around.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Carl

I like posts that share good technical information, that will be helpful now and in the future.

I've not ventured down the path of using ALDLdroid.

Please post details, links, or write-ups for "How To" ALDLdroid in a new thread. Myself and other members will greatly appreciate the information.

dave w

Bump:

Updated .zip file in post #1

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Hi everyone. Attached is a picture of one of my logs under the spark advance tab. The weird numbers in some of the cells seems like its not right? Is it normal to see tables like that after copying and pasting a log in?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Something is off, most likely in the way you copied and pasted. The ignition timing should generally be 15-40 degrees at any given point in the table.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Something is off, most likely in the way you copied and pasted. The ignition timing should generally be 15-40 degrees at any given point in the table.
    what is the correct way to copy the data in?

also sorry the picture uploaded upside down for whatever reason.

I also do get knock retard from time to time and when i get passed about 35 percent tps. seems to be worse under PE.

My VE tables are close but not quite there yet. But im almost certain that my PE and AE are off but obviously i need to get the ve dialed in first before messing with those.

I am running a 94 350 5 speed manual with headers installed and a 3 inch exhaust after the y pipe which is custom not oem and is 2 inch out of the headers till the merge at the y.

Im also running a 16196395 PCM out of a suburban.

There are no factory configuration files for this combination not for a 350 and a manual that is. I am running an auto bin converted to a manual bin and my old original computer was a 16196396 ECM and was in $9A and im running $0D now so to copy over the spark tables i had to open a second instance of tunerpro under "Tools"/custom tools/new tunerpro instance. and i copied the tables over manually.

I know the spark for auto and manual is different and an auto isnt loaded as hard as a manual due to the torque converter and the fact that the manual cant force a shift.

Could something in the conversion be my problem???

PS. I did reduce the PE spark vs RPM table by about a degree and a half maybe 2 in attempt to reduce the knock retard under PE. Perhaps i should just zero it out for now until i get the VE dialed in?

Also earlier in this thread dave posted a sample csv data log if a nearly complete tune and the way i copy and pasted that one loads completely normally.

Only my logs produce the weird spark advance result and not other sample logs.

I also have this knock issue that i cant shake ever since the pcm swap. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Robert.
    Last edited by Rob 689; 10-23-2022 at 11:23 PM.

Post the BIN that you are currently running.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob 689 View Post
    what is the correct way to copy the data in?

also sorry the picture uploaded upside down for whatever reason.

I also do get knock retard from time to time and when i get passed about 35 percent tps. seems to be worse under PE.

My VE tables are close but not quite there yet. But im almost certain that my PE and AE are off but obviously i need to get the ve dialed in first before messing with those.

I am running a 94 350 5 speed manual with headers installed and a 3 inch exhaust after the y pipe which is custom not oem and is 2 inch out of the headers till the merge at the y.

Im also running a 16196395 PCM out of a suburban.

There are no factory configuration files for this combination not for a 350 and a manual that is. I am running an auto bin converted to a manual bin and my old original computer was a 16196396 ECM and was in $9A and im running $0D now so to copy over the spark tables i had to open a second instance of tunerpro under "Tools"/custom tools/new tunerpro instance. and i copied the tables over manually.

I know the spark for auto and manual is different and an auto isnt loaded as hard as a manual due to the torque converter and the fact that the manual cant force a shift.

Could something in the conversion be my problem???

PS. I did reduce the PE spark vs RPM table by about a degree and a half maybe 2 in attempt to reduce the knock retard under PE. Perhaps i should just zero it out for now until i get the VE dialed in?

Also earlier in this thread dave posted a sample csv data log if a nearly complete tune and the way i copy and pasted that one loads completely normally.

Only my logs produce the weird spark advance result and not other sample logs.

I also have this knock issue that i cant shake ever since the pcm swap. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Robert.
    Possibly modify a factory 7.4 / Manual to 5.7 / Manual. I recommend doing a copy / paste of all $OD 5.7 fuel and spark tables into the 7.4 Manual .bin.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dave w; 10-24-2022 at 04:58 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Post the BIN that you are currently running.

Heres the files im using from the last iteration.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Possibly modify a factory 7.4 / Manual to 5.7 / Manual. I recommend doing a copy / paste of all $OD 5.7 fuel and spark tables into the 7.4 Manual .bin.
    I know like there’s injector flow rates that are different what about like iac and stuff? Do you know like generally whag things would be different on a big block other than fuel and spark?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob 689 View Post
    I know like there’s injector flow rates that are different what about like iac and stuff? Do you know like generally whag things would be different on a big block other than fuel and spark?
    Gearhead-efi link for 16196395 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OE

Using the TunerPro compare option, possibly compare BJKW 94 C-G-K Truck 7.4TBI 4l80.BIN vs. BJDR 94 C-G-K Truck 5.7TBI 4l80.BIN from the link above (7.4 vs. 5.7).

Possibly compare BHDC 94 C-G-K Truck 7.4TBI 5speed.BIN vs. BHDF 94 C-G-K Truck 7.4TBI 4l80.BIN (Manual vs. 4L80)

I've noticed some .bin files (like BMHK I posted above) have Altitude Spark Bias set to ZERO and most .bin files have Altitude Spark Bias set to 9.8. On your current .bin maybe try Altitude Spark Bias set to ZERO to see what happens to the odd spark advance numbers seen in data log.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Gearhead-efi link for 16196395 information: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OE

Using the TunerPro compare option, possibly compare BJKW 94 C-G-K Truck 7.4TBI 4l80.BIN vs. BJDR 94 C-G-K Truck 5.7TBI 4l80.BIN from the link above (7.4 vs. 5.7).

Possibly compare BHDC 94 C-G-K Truck 7.4TBI 5speed.BIN vs. BHDF 94 C-G-K Truck 7.4TBI 4l80.BIN (Manual vs. 4L80)

I've noticed some .bin files (like BMHK I posted above) have Altitude Spark Bias set to ZERO and most .bin files have Altitude Spark Bias set to 9.8. On your current .bin maybe try Altitude Spark Bias set to ZERO to see what happens to the odd spark advance numbers seen in data log.
    Okay ill try the altitude spark bias and ill compare all those those bins to see what exactly changes too. Thank you