Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
Sometimes theory and math don't prove out in the real world. Based on what 1project2many explained about the time between pulses being how RPM is calculated (I didn't know that), it might not work very well. But without actually testing it, I wouldn't write it off completely.
At least 1 megasquirt system has a software provision for "degrees of offset" for odd fire engines, GM never fuel injected an odd fire engine, Tunerpro doesn't have any provision for offsetting ignition firing. I'm kinda cheating using a second ECM using the Base timing in tunerpro to offset the ignition for 3 cylinders by 90*. The Ecms are using some shared sensors only to try and provide the same signals to both ECMs in order to produce similar output. I could have used two complete sets of sensors, I just didn't see the need. If need be I can change 1 wire and run the all fuel off of one ECM. If this works I will have gained tremendously over an aftermarket system, simply because I have GM's programming for a 90*V6 engine. The aftermarket requires borrowing someone elses programming or starting from scratch. I'm using 6 cylinder odd fire HEI with three pickups ground off, feeding two 8 pin modules. Each module supplies 1 ECM with distributor pulses. 1 ECM is set to 0* base timing, 1 is advanced 90* base timing, which creates the odd fire timing. It ought to work, time will tell.