Thread: New to Tuning, 98 Ram 2500 v10

Electronic Ignition!

New to Tuning, 98 Ram 2500 v10

Hello. I got TunerPro and have a wifi obd2 connector. I need to find a xdf file and I can't find anything on google. Is there another software I need to grab files for me? I learn quick but need a helping hand haha

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 v10 8.0l 4x4

Edit: Never read to see that my vehicle isn't on the supported list for TunerPro!
    Last edited by joepizuro; 03-06-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Administrator
    Howdy!

Dodge stuff isn't a strong point here but a few of us are watching and learning. There is a thread with some links to tools but I really don't know if your truck is covered as it's probably a JTEC computer.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...or-Dodge-Mopar

Feel free to add to the knowledge.

Electronic Ignition!
    I'll post anything I find useful in helping write a tune for this truck... (For all the people googling and other curious members.)
    Last edited by joepizuro; 03-06-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by mekkis View Post
    Also, that I'm getting from my literature (attached) is that the 96-98 2.5/3.9/4.0/5.2/5.9 JTEC blank hardware part number is 05014152AA (V10 is 05014153AA), and from the couple binaries I have the code changes a bit across those years. FYI, 99+ is all over the place although 05018488AA is the most common for 5.2/5.9, but not used at all for the Jeeps. I think (?) it may reflect ECUs equipped with the factory anti-theft/IMMO vs the ones without.
    Keeping this for reference
    Last edited by joepizuro; 03-06-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Howdy!

Dodge stuff isn't a strong point here but a few of us are watching and learning. There is a thread with some links to tools but I really don't know if your truck is covered as it's probably a JTEC computer.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...or-Dodge-Mopar

Feel free to add to the knowledge.
    Jet performance chip is garbage from what everyone says. Jet also doesn't have tuning software or obd2 flash tools...
    Last edited by joepizuro; 03-06-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Well. I did some googling and found SCT DCX 3200 X3. Supports 1996 through 2006 SCT supported vehicles.
    From http://www.hemifevertuning.com/SCT_p/sct-can.htm Hemifever

• The SCT XCalibrator 3 will store up to 10 Custom Tune files, while storing the stock factory tune for easy restoration back to the stock configuration. These tunes work great for stock engines or engines with bolt-on type modifications.

Increased rev & speed limiter and reduce/remove tq mgmt where applicable.

High Speed Datalogging.

Reads and clears DTC codes.

Response & Gas Mileage.

Flashes PCM quickly & easily via OBDII diagnostic port. Retains Stock Program for easy restoration back to stock.

** If you choose this option and then want custom programming later it's $100 or $200 depending on the custom programming option needed."

Also has software to load tunes from PC to flasher. Now to learn how to tune? Do I have to buy SCT Advantage 3?

It also comes with some basic tunes but aren't editable.

Administrator
    Tunercat OBDII is only for GM products except where a couple of people have created their own definition files. I know little about the JTEC world but the tool you found above seems to have the market. There is a tool for SBEC controllers but even that one's not set up for the early Jeep vehicles. For some reason the Jeep and truck crowd just hasn't gotten together and done the same work as what's created the tools for Ford and GM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Well I'm looking @ $350 for the flasher... Then I'll need Advantage 3 which is another $350?

Software says:
    -Open the SCT Software, and then type in your Processor Code, or open an existing file that you have already created, or may have been e-mailed to you as an .mtf file.
    -You are now looking at your PCM program. If you created a new file, you are looking at a STOCK file, as it would have come from the factory. If you are looking at an existing file, it may be edited, and you can view the changes by looking at the "history" tab at the bottom of the screen.
    -Items to be edited are along the left hand column, and can be selected and expanded to view more items under their respective categories.

So that is how I can get my stock computer in file form... Now is that the only software that can read .mtf files? If so then everyone would be required to ALSO buy Advantage 3...