Thread: Question about incorporating WBO2 into TunerPro recorded data

Fuel Injected!

Question about incorporating WBO2 into TunerPro recorded data

Has anyone on this forum been able to use the A/D input on the Moates APU-1 for recording WBO2 data along with the PCM stream of data? Or, is it more appropriate to attach WBO2 0 - 5 vdc output into an A/D channel within the PCM that is to say into the Linear EGR analog input? Which is the easier or which is the more robust or appropriate? Hopefully the seasoned TunerPro guys will answer these questions. Please advise. Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    Further about recording WBO2 data, the XDF screens are somewhat confusing, especially when it comes to setting up an A/D channel to record the analog input normally assigned to EGR valve position. Is there somewhere an explanation of the setup fields of the XDF settings screens? What does each of those fields need to contain regarding recording the A/D channel(s). Please advise. Thanks.

Have you looked at this .pdf file from the Moates.net website? http://static.moates.net/zips/wideba...nerpro_lm1.pdf

If you are using a 1227747 ECM post #3 in this thread has a .adx file set up for WBO2: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 02-25-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Have you looked at this .pdf file from the Moates.net website? http://static.moates.net/zips/wideba...nerpro_lm1.pdf

If you are using a 1227747 ECM post #3 in this thread has a .adx file set up for WBO2: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

dave w
    Dave: I have 16197427 PCMs. I have talked with Dave Blundell at Moates and he advised it is very difficult to use the A/D channels of the moates APU-1. Would like to know if someone on this forum has used this method and had success with same. Was thinking, maybe it is easier to use an A/D channel in the PCM to record the WBO2 data.

Another item, getting a IAC failure and cannot figure out how to cure it. Checked wiring from PCM to IAC and found OK. This 350 Vortec Gen 1 with BBC throttle body on adapter and modified 4 barrel manifold on an engine run-in stand with harness right now. Want to swap it into 1995 chevrolet 2wd pickup that is weak compression has oil leak and coolant (freeze plugs) leak. Went to adjustable fuel pressure BBC throttle body. Still doubt in my mind as to what to set the fuel pressure to also question as to what spec injectors to use. Question is, will the Vortec cylinder heads require the same or more fuel from injectors. Trying to understand many different aspects of TunerPro RT that do not appear to be documented. The more I get experience with it, the more questions arise about TunerPro. Trying to get the swap done and hitting these stumbling blocks before the swap.

Sure would like to have comments on ALL of these aspects. Please advise. Thanks.

Administrator
    Another item, getting a IAC failure
    IAC failures are uncommon in my experience. Can you detail the failure? Diagnosis steps? Confirmation that valve is faulty?

Quote Originally Posted by rsicard View Post
    Dave: I have 16197427 PCMs. I have talked with Dave Blundell at Moates and he advised it is very difficult to use the A/D channels of the moates APU-1. Would like to know if someone on this forum has used this method and had success with same. Was thinking, maybe it is easier to use an A/D channel in the PCM to record the WBO2 data. Please advise. Thanks.
    See attached pic from TunerPro RT on setting up WBO2 data logging.

The AEM 30-4110 WBO2 is ready to go, right out of the box! http://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-4110-UE..._ob_title_auto

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    IAC failures are uncommon in my experience. Can you detail the failure? Diagnosis steps? Confirmation that valve is faulty?
    Using that knowledge, went to auto parts store and purchased new IAC. Replaced it and run on engine stand. IAC fault is GONE. Thanks much.