Thread: 1228747 bbc tbi help please!!

Carb and Points!

1228747 bbc tbi help please!!

All I'm looking to do is simplify my wiring harness so I can get my engine running in my mud truck. I don't need anything special its a mud truck. Is there a simple digram out there that will tell me what wires to cut and get rid of and what wires I need? Also what wires I can run to my truck. I don't need to run any wires to the key switch I can put all dash switches in if I need to... the more simpler the better thank you!

Fuel Injected!
    1990 Chevrolet K2500, RCLB, Blueprint 383 TBI (16197427 ECM / 61 lb/hr / 16 psi FP), NV4500, NP241C, 4.10

Carb and Points!
    Bryan, did you get anywhere on your project? I ask because I am starting one very similar and was looking for pointers. I am trying to make a hill buggy out of an old dirt track car chassis and a 350 engine with a 1228747 ecm pulled from a 91 2500 truck. I got most of the wire harness for the engine to the ecm but not the part going from drivers side firewall to fusebox to column/gages. I need to figure out what exactly I need and what I can cut out.
    I have looked at the schematics in the post Chewy pointed at but was wondering if a simpler diagram existed.
    It would be wonderful to know what wires I DONT need so i could just remove them from the harness.

There's a simplified wiring diagram showing only the wires needed for a conversation. I can't find the original source, so I attached it to this post.

Carb and Points!

I gave up and went carb

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Grip View Post
    There's a simplified wiring diagram showing only the wires needed for a conversation. I can't find the original source, so I attached it to this post.

I got got a spacer for a carb and it's the adapter for the stock intake and I put a carb and hei distributor on it and ran it I could get it to fire with the tbi but I think you need lots of fuel pressure

TBI only needs between 9 and 12 PSIG to work properly, certainly not "lots" in my book.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan08 View Post
    I got got a spacer for a carb and it's the adapter for the stock intake and I put a carb and hei distributor on it and ran it I could get it to fire with the tbi but I think you need lots of fuel pressure
    Did you fit a fuel return line? too much fuel pressure will result in an overrich situation.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the quick replies and the diagram Grip. I'm assuming this will work with the 1228747 I have. It'll definitely help me figure stuff out.
    Sorry for hijacking your thread Bryan but glad you got yours working - one way or the other.
    Last edited by PrideFool; 04-23-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling/grammer

Quote Originally Posted by PrideFool View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies and the diagram Grip. I'm assuming this will work with the 1228747 I have. It'll definitely help me figure stuff out.
    Sorry for hijacking your thread Bryan but glad you got yours working - one way or the other.
    Yep, it's for the 7747... it's a cleaned-up version of a 91 or 91 K-series wiring diagram with everything not needed for a conversion deleted.