Thread: Corvette -91 434cui tuning

Carb and Points!

Corvette -91 434cui tuning

Hi, I will fore sure need som help tuning my Corvette -91 434cui 6-speed. I bought the car 2 years ago, but havenīt done anything with the engine, fuel system or the tuning until now.
    Iīm new at tuning, but I will do my best to learn.

As I wrote in the introduction of myself, I will try to tune my 434CUI small block. Running the stock ECM (but not the stock prom).
    Doing some changes on the engine right now, and will try to tune a new prom with APU1 kit from Moates.
    Have also a wideband sensor that I will try to connect to the Autoprom for logging.

The engine ran to lean before. The result was piston rings running to hot and broke.
    I will install new piston rings and a new fuel system (bigger fuel pump and injectors).
    Injectors will be Lucas 01D0308 42lb. The old Bosch 0280150756 32lb was running at 50PSI, but I will try to work at standard 3bar (43,5PSI) with the new ones.
    Fuel pump will be upgraded to the next size from Bosch, and that will be the Bosch -044

My guess is that I will try to start up the engine without any changes at the prom (it did work well last year, except for poor/high idle and lean mixture..).
    The engine made 540hp from LPE, but now some small change such as intake porting, Bowtie block (changed from alu-block), and now bigger injectors.
    Now I guess it will make +550hp after the changes and the brake in.

I have to put this engine together again before I can start work on the logging and tuning. But I want to be prepared, so here are the bin-file.

Attachment 10252

Please not the "Injector Flow Rate" and "Cylinder Volume" Scalars-parameters. And as well the "Injector PW Correction Vs Battery Voltage".
    Is this really correct? (Thanks Dave for your comment earlier in other thread)

/ Micke
    Last edited by Corv1-Micke; 02-17-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Carb and Points!
    Ok, the engine is started and I have worked some with Tunerpro RT.
    Is there anyone here that have done a big smallblock 427"-454" without charger or turbo that might have some tips?
    Or maybe someone with Lucas 42LBS injectors that can help me with injector PW or LPW?