Thread: Hello from Alaska!

Carb and Points!

Hello from Alaska!

Howdy all. This spring, I'll be re-powering my '86 Toyota Land Cruiser with a 5.7 TBI Chevy motor. I've been scrounging the net for information about what I can prune from the Chevy harness and how to integrate it with the Toyota Harness. I plan on running the stock Toyota 4 speed mated to the Ranger overdrive unit, ditching the A/C compressor and keeping the stock cooling fan. Anchorage has no emission testing. I'll continue to scour the forum for the info I'm looking for, but any help pointing me in a direction will be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 10246

The term "Stand Alone" is used for a harness like you are wanting to use in the Land Cruiser. To me "Stand Alone" means only a few wires from the TBI harness will need to be connected to the Land Cruiser wiring: Battery Positive, Battery Negative, Ignition Power from the ignition switch for both On and Start, and if you are using a 1227747 computer you will need Start Only.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thank you Dave. I was given a complete '87 Suburban to cannibalize for the project. I still need to dig into the truck and identify what computer I have in it and go from there.