Thread: bin file for 1227747 with an AKAH chip

bin file for 1227747 with an AKAH chip

My ecm has a AKAH chip that I understand is for a van with a th400. Would like to see a stock bin that I can use to verify against.
    Anyone know anything about this bin?

Administrator
    Have you tried using Bithoist?

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Have you tried using Bithoist?
    Haven't tried yet, but I know my bin is not stock. It was set up for me by S&P when I got my harness and cable. The original engine was out of an 82 Corvette and they set me up for an 88 truck. I have since upgraded the injectors to truck injectors fueled in parallel instead of series. The old XFI. I want to get set up with flash chip but only after I know what the present system is doing. The truck is not running right now but I'm using it cab off as a test stand. It runs great at idle but I'm not about to put it on the road without steering or brakes. The learning curve on TunerPro Rt is a little steep for me. My electronics date back to tubes. So I'll probably bug you guys a lot. Bob

Administrator
    My electronics date back to tubes. So I'll probably bug you guys a lot.
    Never fear. I started my electronics learnin' dragging an old tube type TV home from the dump and making it work. Dad was so impressed I got to keep the old console in my room. I've got a Heathkit ignition scope that I still use for ignition system diagnosis. I think we can help.

According to GM AKAH is for 1/2 and 3/4 ton vans with 5.7 V8 and 700R4 transmission. A factory calibration for a G van with 5.7 and THM400 can be found here.

According to GM AKAH is for 1/2 and 3/4 ton vans with 5.7 V8 and 700R4 transmission. A factory calibration for a G van with 5.7 and THM400 can be found here.
    "here" doesn't seem to take me anywhere. Bob

Sorry 1project I didn't look at the bottom of the screen, I guess I expected to be led into another forum post.
    I'll look into ACSR. "Cable " in a previous post should have read "1227747 ECM". Thanks again. Bob

Never fear. I started my electronics learnin' dragging an old tube type TV home from the dump and making it work. Dad was so impressed I got to keep the old console in my room. I've got a Heathkit ignition scope that I still use for ignition system diagnosis. I think we can help.

Thanks 1project: Loaded ACSR in TunerPro RT and it is what I need to get some comparison info. I want to eventually upgrade to a faster ECM but want to use the 7747 as a learning tool for now. I've got 2 more project cars that I can use it in later. If I'm reading Moates right, the APU1 can program both 160 and 8192 baud ECMs. I'd like to find a 1227747 that is already set up for flashing chips. Am I looking in the right direction for learning more about EFI? Am only interested in TBI for these projects. My laptop is an old Compaq w/ windows XP home, a pentium 4 CPU @ 2.66ghz and 960 mb RAM. It has 2 ports as far as I can tell (com1 and lpt1). I have a cable from my innova scanner that lets me connect the laptop to the ALDL connector through the (parallel?) connector. The laptop only has 1 USB port. Any ideas?

Fuel Injected!
    The apu1 can emulate, burn/write/flash a new chip, and also do aldl communication for data logging. It connects via usb which i'm pretty sure your laptop has. You shouldn't need your innova scanner as tunerpro with the apu1 can do it all. Depending on the kind of memcal you might need an adapter to connect the apu1. Unless the 1227747 is unique i don't think it needs any modifications to support what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by newellshk View Post
    The apu1 can emulate, burn/write/flash a new chip, and also do aldl communication for data logging. It connects via usb which i'm pretty sure your laptop has. You shouldn't need your innova scanner as tunerpro with the apu1 can do it all. Depending on the kind of memcal you might need an adapter to connect the apu1. Unless the 1227747 is unique i don't think it needs any modifications to support what you want.
    Thanks for dropping in Newell.
    Installed the Moates G2 and have flashed a couple of 27sf512 with my new apu1. Now need to finish my new fuel lines and get running again. Bob
    Don't force it, get a bigger hammer!