Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: part throttle VE tuning with WBo2

Run Open Loop with WideBand and use Lamda with a new spreadsheet?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Run Open Loop with WideBand and use Lamda with a new spreadsheet?
    I'm thinking closed loop is OK, with a WBO2 tuned VE Table. The PCM will still use the VE Table, and adjust INT with the NBO2. The idea is to keep the BLM update from changing / re-learning the VE Table. The WBO2 data is more accurate, so calibrating the VE table with WBO2 data is more accurate than BLM update.

The challenge is being able to get enough WBO2 data, and how to sort and average the WBO2 data.

dave w

Also kill power to PCM to clear the BLM learn already done.

Disable should be easy "Minimum Temperature for BLM Update Enable"

BLM learn doesn't change VE tables, there is a BLM learn table which stores BLM. If you look at boundries you can see how the low end needs to be changed for a cammed engine or idle and off idle/low RPM end up in same cells. Ever notice BLM cell number in data logs?

Lambda is way easier then AFR. Lambda = 1.00. Rich is less then 1.00 and lean is more then 1.00 So if Lambda reading is .82 then VE cell X .82 = new VE.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Ok, Maybe better late than never to reply back to a post.

The data in the attached files are from an engine $OD currently being tuned. It's real world data! The EGR has been disabled, and as a result a good tune needs to be corrected. If there are any mistakes, well I guess we will learn.

I have used the VECALCS and my Excel Macro on the same data log. The results / comparison can be found in the attached Access vs Excel spreadsheet .zip file. The results are very similar, but there are some difference. I think with the VECALCS doing the sorting and averaging, then using the attached E6~OD~OE~31 AFR VE Correction Table for TunerPro.xlsx spreadsheet would yeild a decent WBO2 tune. I think it would be a good idea to disable BLM update, because WBO2 data and BLM data with contradict with one another.

dave w
    I think one of the differences is that VE calcs filters out any records below a certain temp. I would have to look at the query statement to see what I set it at. My phone dosn't do spreadsheets too well so I'll look at it when I get home tonight.
    Last edited by PJG1173; 11-12-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,

Quote Originally Posted by PJG1173 View Post
    I think one of the differences is that VE calcs filters out any records below a certain temp. I would have to look at the query statement to see what I set it at. My phone dosn't do spreadsheets too well so I'll look at it when I get home tonight.
    There are some filter differences in the Excel Marco vs. Access filters. The Excel Marco filters open throttle / closed throttle by 3 MPH / 2.7 % TPS. The Access spreadsheet is using the idle timing flag for near idle data. Closed loop data only in the Excel Macro (regradless of temperature set point), so the temperature setting is a possible difference in filtering in Access. The Excel Marco does not filter DFCO, but the Access spreadsheet does. Both Excel Marco and the Access spreadsheets filter AE / PE. Overall, I think either spreadsheet will filter / sort the data logs for a good tune.

I noticed an unexplained difference in the VE Table changes Access vs. Excel?

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 11-13-2012 at 06:15 AM.

I've done another summary comparision between my excel macro vs the access spreadsheet. The results are very similar except for a few cells. I can't step into access like I can excel to see the data processing.

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images