Thread: part throttle VE tuning with WBo2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow I wish I could have got this fast of a response on the other forums I posted on. I am running 16168625 $E6 mask. I have dfco disabled and I set the TPS % to 98% for PE. I have left AE alone so far. one of my big issues is this is my first time tuning and I changed almost everything on this engine. litteraly the only thing original is the crank, rods, and injectors. so yes the fuel and timing requirements have drastically changed from stock. Like an idiot I dove into this project as my first tuning experiance. I have hardly any logs from when it was stock.

The NB is mounted in the collector on the passenger side hedder and the WB is on the drivers side. thats about 8 - 10 inches further down the exhaust tract than stock. I am currently in OL and it runs decent. I have been solely tuning off the WB readings not the NB. since I am in OL there are no BLM's to compare to the WB. I have the WB simulating NB to the ecu but once I enable closed loop things start going down the crapper. I have been meaning to hook the NB back up to see what it reads now gas isn't pouring out the tail pipes anymore. my ve table looks like a mountain range. I idle at 45kpa and at cruise I'm around 80ish kpa. I tuned idle using the same theory I use for a carb. i increased or decreased fuel until i hit the highest vacuum reading. the WB reads 13:1 @ 650 RPM and it idles nice and smooth. to me that seems rich for idle, but the exhaust does not smell rich. How do I compensate for the hedders/NB location or should I even have to? could it be something else like too little of AE that is messing with my numbers/ve table?

May be (more like probably) I'm doing something wrong here.
    included is a graph of my ve table from an old tuning session and the log it generated. I haven't worked on the truck in a couple weeks so I don't have anything more recent with me. I also attached a copy of my current bin if anyone wants to look at it.

Here's a quick breakdown of the mods.
    93 chevy s10 ex cab
    01 4.3 block bored .030 over
    2 valve relief flat top graphite coated hyperT pistons
    9.8:1 compression
    edelbrock 2114 intake
    stock injectors @ 15psi
    adjustable FP regulator
    TBI with ultimate tbi mods
    TBI spacer
    ported and polished vortec heads
    back cut valves
    comp cams 266hr
    arp rocker studs
    1.52 roller tip rockers
    hedman long tube headers
    cold air intake
    built 4l60e
    2075 stall converter
    moates.net autoprom
    Crane HI6 CDI ignition
    4.88 gears
    35x14.5x15 TSL boggers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    87 4Runner, 15" spring lift, 3" body, chevy vortec 355, 5.29 gears, 38.5x15.5x15" Boggers, 280hr, 16168625 running $0D
    93 S10, 36x12.5x15 TSL's, custom turbo headers, 266HR cam, p&p vortec heads, $0D Marine MPFI with 8psi boost.
    05 Silverado, 2' lift, 4" exhaust, Bully Dog programmer,