Thread: Need ECM 16197427 with memcal for 7.4 auto or the memcal for 7.4 auto

Fuel Injected!

Need ECM 16197427 with memcal for 7.4 auto or the memcal for 7.4 auto

I am in need of either an ECM 16197427 with a memcal for a 7.4 with automatic transmission or just the memcal for a 7.4 with automatic transmission.

If you have one I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Brad

Administrator
    Here is a listing for all calibrations that were used with the 454 and 6395 / 7427. You can search for memcals using the part number or the broadcast code (four letter code). Motorhome chassis are usually a "P" chassis but any memcal could work as a starting point. The only question to me is what year calibration you plan to run? 93, or 94+?

Here are two memcals:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-GM-E...item33af0edb1b
    http://www.whiteracingproducts.com/i...cts_id=1588399

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Here is a listing for all calibrations that were used with the 454 and 6395 / 7427. You can search for memcals using the part number or the broadcast code (four letter code). Motorhome chassis are usually a "P" chassis but any memcal could work as a starting point. The only question to me is what year calibration you plan to run? 93, or 94+?

Here are two memcals:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-GM-E...item33af0edb1b
    http://www.whiteracingproducts.com/i...cts_id=1588399
    Ya know, just when you think you've got things figure out someone throws a monkey wrench in the works

I had been working on the assumption that you could only search for the broadcast code, such as BYYC. I didn't realize you could search by the prom number. Dave W sent me basically the same list you did and I was using the broadcast codes from that list to search.

You've just opened up a whole new avenue for searching.

I like the idea of buying new which is what is available in the two links that you provided. Years ago when I was erasing uvproms by the dozens they would eventually reach a point where you couldn't erase them anymore. So new sounds good.

I will be running a 1994 calibration and am basing everything I purchase on that model year. It matches the year of my 4L80e which hopefully simplifies things a little bit.

Thanks for the info!

Brad

Administrator
    I had been working on the assumption that you could only search for the broadcast code, such as BYYC. I didn't realize you could search by the prom number.
    Glad I could help. Just out of curiousity, does the list from Dave include prom part numbers?

It's not too hard to add a ZIF socket to the memcal and switch to a flash chip. A couple of 27SF512's work well to take the load off the eprom. And you can attach an emulator fairly easily as well.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Glad I could help. Just out of curiousity, does the list from Dave include prom part numbers?
    Yes, his data did. I have the Caldata program and it shows the prom chip number as well. I just didn't put 2 and 2 together to realize that I could use it for searching. Fortunately the search is over

It's not too hard to add a ZIF socket to the memcal and switch to a flash chip. A couple of 27SF512's work well to take the load off the eprom. And you can attach an emulator fairly easily as well.
    I'll worry about stuff like that when I finally get everything up and running on my test stand.

Thanks for the help.

Attached is the information I supplied bkahler.

dave w