Thread: BLM question

Fuel Injected!

BLM question

I think the long term trim resets when you disconnect the battery. Does it also reset when you remove and reinstall the chip. I am thinking in terms of 6395/7427.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF

If you cut power to the PCM to change the chip (which you should) Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    If you cut power to the PCM to change the chip (which you should) Yes
    Is that true? I've change chips hundreds of times and haven't disconnected battery. It's my understanding there isn't much long term fuel memory strategy with this PCM. I would imagine its a rather primitive blm learn that is wiped every time the key is turned off. I'd be curious to know for sure.
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto

Super Moderator
    I'm somewhere in the thousand+ burn range and rarely have I disconnected power during a PROM change. the times I did were from being told it was necessary(probably the first 50 PROMs or so) or when I was patching in stuff to reinitialize values to their power-interrupted defaults.

it does have the advantage of resetting KAM/SAM fuel trims to 128, which is helpful dialing in fuel trims. could also do it via mode4 commands if the PCM supports it, since that will leave the learned IAC stuff as it is(though you could always change the calibration to end up with defaults where those learned values end up).
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E