Alright, after a year and a half, I finally took the plunge and rebuilt that spare '91 700r4 transmission I have.

Pretty much a success and am very happy with the results of it.

Now it's on to "re-tuning" since the transmission is running like it should and up to date, I've tuned the BIN around the crappy transmission.

At the moment, I've been fighting with the TCC lock up.

Now, to share what I have learned based on MY setup, which is the following:

(DISCLAIMER: What I am sharing below is what I have learned about MY setup. I am not an expert on 700r4's, nor am I an expert on tuning.)

1985 S-15, originally had a carbureted 2.8, now has a '93 Firebird 3.4L
I put an Edelbrock intake on it with a Holley 390 carb.
From there, I installed a complete TBI system from a 1988 S-10 with a 2.8L. This is the 1228062 ECM.
I then installed 4.3L injectors along with the bigger bore throttle body.

I then tuned the BIN file around the '85 700r4 in it with apparently worn out 3/4 gears.

Moving on, now that I've got the freshly rebuilt r4 in, the task at hand was to figure out the TCC lockup and how to tweak the parameters as this transmission has a different lockup solenoid wiring setup than the '85.

The '85 has just the solenoid. This solenoid was controlled via the vacuum switch through the brake switch.

The '91 has the solenoid and a 4th gear pressure switch, which feeds the "high gear" signal to the ECM.

My goal was to have the TCC lock and unlock completely controlled by the ECM. This was easily accomplished as I just added a wire for the run between the 4th gear pressure switch and the brake switch connection on the transmission to the ECM. Running the TCC lockup from the ECM to the transmission wasn't an issue either.

Problem now is that since I have eliminated the vacuum switch, I needed to look at the ECM parameters for the TCC.

Just like the 7747 ECM, the 8062 ECM has these parameters:

Under "Scalars";
Minimum Coolant Temp for TCC
Lock Delay After 4-3 Shift
Delay to lock after all other conditions met
Speed at which TCC always locked
3rd Gear Lock Speed
3rd Gear Unlock Speed
4th Gear Lock Speed
4th Gear Unlock Speed

Under the "Tables";
3rd Gear Upper Limit
3rd Gear Lower Limit
4th Gear Upper Limit
4th Gear Lower Limit

Now, I was initially having an issue with the lockup with the BIN I was using, so I had to go compare BINS. What I found in the BIN that I was using was that in the 3rd/4th gear tables, the %TPS values were all set to 100. I looked at a variety other BINs and found these values varied.

I realized then that the reason for those variations was that the BIN's with the TPS values set to 100, these were transmissions that were still using the vacuum switch to control the unlock, but yet used the ECM to lock the TCC.

Remember, the TCC provides the GND side of the solenoid operation.

I then copied the tables from what I can only guess is a newer BIN file.

As a result, the TCC is locking and locking as it should when cruising, accelerating, and decelerating.

I am currently adjusting the Delay time because I don't like the TCC lockup to occur in 3rd, and I've found that setting the Delay to lock at 4 seconds gives the transmission time to get into 4th at a cruise and lock about 45mph.

The next goal line so to speak is to try to figure out what BIN's there are out there that is closest to my application with the TCC parameters that best suit me, but in the end, it may just end up being personal preference since I now have the ability to tweak the BIN parameters in real time.

I will edit and add to this as I learn or remember anything of relevance to this thread.