Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone using TCII upgraded to windows 10 yet?

Fuel Injected!
    when I went to windows 10 I had problems with not having administrater privilegas till I right clicked on program icons and changed them

Fuel Injected!
    I've done everything I can think of including that.
    Now i'm getting file path errors.
    I'm gonna check out this virtual machine I guess.
    Now even my original xp pro backup laptop is giving me issues.

For what it's worth..the Tuner Cats site has a WinFlash Update listed under the original WinFlash download. Has the same version number but is a separate download.

Fuel Injected!
    Winflash hasn't given me any issues oddly enough,it's all TCII giving me issues.
    i've got a download link john gave me several years ago to the full tuner install and have tried using it (version 3.45) but still nothing.
    I've got a couple ideas i'll try,my guru said updating to W10 pro and running hyperV won't be the best idea with my laptop due to memory issues.

I had an issue with certain Vdfs not show due to in properties the read only box was checked and that made it unavailable

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah I remembered that issue from windows7 install back in the day,also the .dat or form files as well.
    I've tried that,as well as changing the entire obd2tuner folder from read only,also the VDF's themselves before and after etc..
    First it kept asking me for VDF when trying to open a .cal/.bin,then it started giving me path errors. Checking the folder most of my VDF's aren't even unzipping into the folder it looks like.
    I have a small suspicion i'm not wiping all of it out when uninstalling. I keep seeing old files come up in the list of previous files when I go to open a .cal to test in TC. Since I just reinstalled there shouldn't be anything there.
    Any suggestions for a clean wipe?
    My IDS software is similar,if you don't get a full wipe and clear certain files/folders afterwards it will screw the new install.

Can you just install the base program unzip the VDf files to a folder on the desktop and paste them in Cats folder? With Ford IDS there is a cleanup utility BTW and I have IDS act up I just use the repair function.

http://www.fordtechservice.dealercon...leshooting.asp

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah,same way I do it as well with the IDS. If you are using a subscription license just make damn sure you unattach it from the program before uninstalling and cleaning up.
    Had to call tech hotline once to reassign my license,can't freaking stand those arrogant copy/paste pricks most of the time.
    i don't use subscription anymore though,running a version with a patch for the license requirement since I left Ford.

I have all the VDF's in a folder,and I open and unzip them one at a time into the tuner folder.
    You're suggesting unzipping all of them into a seperate folder and then pasting those files into tuner folder?
    I like that idea and will try it for sure.
    I am curious though,adding VDF's also updates the .dat and form files usually in the process right?
    So after adding the vdf files,then I should update to the latest .dat and form files right?
    I've been thinking it has possibly been in my order of operations,but sure I tried all possible ways.
    I'll try this in just a few and post back up the results,excellent suggestion thanks.

This is what I just did for my desk top computer. I installed my program from the install. I copy the OBD2Tuner folder from my tuning laptop to a USB drive. I took my USB copy and pasted the folder contents into the new installed computer and when the message pops up I copy and replace for all conflicts.

Fuel Injected!
    Well i've only checked a couple files so far but that seems to have worked like a charm,you're a genius.
    I also keep my vdf's on both a USB stick and large portable drive attached to the network (as well as the original email attachments in an email folder).
    I added a subfolder to it (have a folder for VDF's and folder with files) and unzipped everything into there (30+ megs worth even after overwriting).
    I confirmed after the first unzip that form and dat files were overwritten.
    So after unzipping all the vdf's and vdf update files I went ahead and unzipped both the form and dat updates as well.
    Fired up TCII and it opened everything so far!

I also tried to change my unzipped subfolder from read only,but everytime I did my doublecheck it was back to read only even as administrator.
    So that was odd,but didn't seem to affect it.
    Also,I didn't uninstall last night after finishing up,so it worked with whatever final nightmare I ended up with last night.
    Many many thanks for the suggestion! I've got a swap pcm to do and then i'll dig through my library randomly and see what happens.
    Last edited by Playtoy_18; 08-07-2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: ocd

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by antus View Post
    If your having problems with missing OCX files on win7 or win10 (or I would assume win8.x too) put the attached OCX files in the documented locations (different for 32 and 64 bit OS) and run the regsvr32 commands from the readme in a command prompt with admin access.
    Hi I'm new to the site, I'm dusting off an S10 project that has been sitting for nearly five years and I'm nearly ready to get it back on the road again. I have a copy of Tunercats that I haven't even had on a running laptop in at least the same amount of time. The only laptop I have now is running Windows 10, and I found this place, and your post trying to figure out how to get it to work. I downloaded your zip file but when I open it up it I only found 32bit ocx files. Any help is greatly appreciated.