Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone using TCII upgraded to windows 10 yet?

Fuel Injected!

Has anyone using TCII upgraded to windows 10 yet?

Just curious,I had another hard drive going on me and went with an SSD. The computer guy went with windows 10 and told me he could get it anything I use to work with it. So far he's right on with my Ford IDS software the past week.
    Just now installing TCII and having file issues. Winflash fires up fine,haven't tried it yet though. TCII gives me an error 339 for an .ocx file though. I've tried to register it but it doesn't exist.
    I remember with windows 7 originally we had to move some files around and i'm pretty sure create a folder along with compatibility etc..
    I think the problem might lie in my reinstall strategy though.
    I used my original (like 10 years ago serial cable original) disc,and then popped in the update disc from the USB cable. Then I went to the site and downloaded all the updates.
    I can't install the tff updates because it says it's also missing that folder,pretty sure two different issues.

Any suggestions before I holler at the computer guy? I know he'll easily figure it out but hoping someone would have a better download link or something to try before I bother him.

TCOBDII is not even compatible with Win7, I had several issues and sent emails to TC, the answer was to use a VM running XP.
    You may get lucky, but after a few bricked PCMs I decided not to gamble and been using it in a VM, no problems so far.

Fuel Injected!
    Actually i've been using it with windows7 for several years now without many issues,no VM (virtual machine?) required.
    I went ahead and messaged my guru to see what he says,just waiting on him to get back to me.
    I've downloaded Efilive but haven't tested it or winflash yet,here in a few after I install hptuner i'll check them all out on th bench harness and report back any success or failure.

Fuel Injected!
    I forgto to mention,I think I got the TFF issues worked out.
    I recalled this from when we were figuring it out with windows 7, you must uncheck "read only" in properties of the TFF files/folders in the OBD2Tuner folder

Fuel Injected!
    Just checked Efilive,hptuners and winflash. All of them worked and pulled files from my bench harness with a random 0411 just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    TCOBDII is not even compatible with Win7, I had several issues and sent emails to TC, the answer was to use a VM running XP.
    You may get lucky, but after a few bricked PCMs I decided not to gamble and been using it in a VM, no problems so far.

I agree reed I had to do the same thing. It's kinda of a pain like booting two laptops up but no bricked ECMs

Quote Originally Posted by Playtoy_18 View Post
    Just checked Efilive,hptuners and winflash. All of them worked and pulled files from my bench harness with a random 0411 just fine.
    I just updated a Win 7 laptop to Win 10 by setting Win 7 to factory defaults, then upgraded to Win 10. So far I've only edited TCII .cal files. I will soon try WinFlash and report back.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Unfortunately didn't have the option to do it that way thanks to a "cryptowall" virus.
    I had planned to just go back with win7 but guru suggested going ahead and upgrading since I needed the new hard drive anyway and nothing could be saved.

Any updates related to using WinFlash via Win 10?

FYI: Just did a flawless flash with WinFlash via Win 10

My laptop already had WinFlash on it when I did one of those free Win 10 upgrades..no problem at all during the flash.

Fuel Injected!
    I'll give it a ry on the bench flasher tomorrow. Im awaiting support from TC on an issue for my VM but i am afraid to try anything outside of XP OS as I too have seen ecms brick on other OS.

I have an extra pcm with DIP sockets so if it bricks, just reflash the chips and try again. That's how I determined my ALDL cable was bad, used another cable and Win 10 flashed nicely.

Fuel Injected!
    was doing some bench flashing with TC2 and Win10 so far no failures even with a full flash.

Fuel Injected!
    If your having problems with missing OCX files on win7 or win10 (or I would assume win8.x too) put the attached OCX files in the documented locations (different for 32 and 64 bit OS) and run the regsvr32 commands from the readme in a command prompt with admin access.

Fuel Injected!
    I'm back to stripping it all out and trying again.
    Everything worked fine except only a few VDF's would work.
    I think one of my biggest issues,that has always given me problems,is from using the old serial disc,then using the usb update disc etc..
    Anybody have a clean install for USB from when they bought new?
    i've got the link for TC site to what should be a full install but it's giving me issues.
    Have deleted all now for the 3rd time and going to try again.