I figured it could be helpful to create a new thread in the GM Tuning section instead of the Introduction section. The car at hand is described in my signature. Basically it is a lightly modified Chevy 350 TBI in a Cadillac. I have opened up the intake and exhaust and I will be installing a 395 cam soon. I am totally unfamiliar with tuning and would like to get a little headway on it before doing the cam swap. I have the 8746 ECM. I have been looking for a 9C1 chip. There are several chips on ebay, but I don't really know exactly what I am looking for or how to verify if it is an actual 9C1 chip or computer. I would buy the whole ECM if necessary.

Did 9C1 chips come in the 8746 ECM, or was it a different ECM?? All of the 8746 ECMs I see do not appear to have tuning or compatibility with Caprices with 5.7 engines. This particular chip seems to be very elusive. I don't suppose anyone on here would have one for sale.

I would ultimately like to do some custom tuning myself. I may need to begin learning that if I cannot locate a 9C1 chip to start with... Any and all help is appreciated.