Thread: FNG here.

Carb and Points!

FNG here.

Have a 56 Chevy truck with a stock 10067353 engine, Q jet, T5 trans. Looking to make the change to FI. I'm looking at using the Crossfire setup as I used to have a CFI 82 Z28 when I was younger. I know the CFI doesnt build a lot of power, but the torque and mileage is excellent. I have an 84 CFI manifold and TBs along with the stock vette harness and computer. I have no problem with fabrication, its just all this BIN mask $xx stuff really stumps me. Just terms Im not used to yet. Cal

As a thought, maybe upgrade the computer of the 84 CFI system to the 1228746 TBI computer (89 - 92 Camaro computer); http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-61

The 1228746 computer has lots of aftermarket support, where as the 84 CFI computer does not have aftermarket support.

dave w

Hi cal1320 just joined today and this my first attempt at posting. It was a real surprise to find someone upgrading a Crossfire.
    I'm using a 1227747 on my 84 XFI Corvette engine. I have changed the injectors from a serial fuel system to a parallel system
    and it works great. Still building and interested in your progress. Mine is a 49 GMC pu.

Administrator
    Have a 56 Chevy truck with a stock 10067353 engine, Q jet, T5 trans. Looking to make the change to FI. I'm looking at using the Crossfire setup

Crossfire since '94.
    Started with 83 F car ecm. Bought custom chip from Turbo City.
    Moved to 7747 and my own tuning in 2000.
    Moved to 7427 and my tuning in 2013.

Pictures were taken in '98 or so and definitely need updating. :(

Fuel Injected!
    Crossfire setup is definitely cool looking. I was surprised to find this in the new Summit catalog, a performance Crossfire intake. Pretty cool.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/em...FdgDgQodpqcGDQ

Good luck with your build, I will be interested to see how it goes. I run a Z/28 Crossram (Offy copy) on my 81 Camaro, but it has Holley carbs on it. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to attempt an EFI conversion on it.
    2003 Chevy Suburban K2500 8.1L tow rig
    2018 Chevy Cruze LT Hatchback 1.4L T
    1975 MGB Roadster L36 3800 S2 conversion
    1979 GMC Dually, 92 Gen V TBI conversion-Sold

Administrator
    That's cool. It took a long time for that manifold to come into existence. Somewhere around '08 or '09 Dynamic Crossfire Solutions said they would be selling them.
    http://www.crossfireinjection.net/index.htm

I have an Edelbrock SY1 at the house with a single 4bbl plate and I keep thinking about running that with a BBC TB. There really isn't much point though since I'm using 305 heads with stock valves.