Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tunercat how i buy

Fuel Injected!

tunercat how i buy

hello how are you
    i am from saudi arabia and i own a shop

i saw tunercat software and read about it
    what i know is that tunerat will offer me the dealer kit version for 325$ shipped and i must buy from jetchip the DST tuner for 499.99$ and i dont have a problem doing that but it comes with 4 license that i dont know what is the difference between it and between VDF from tunercat

the vdf i will buy from tuner cat are for 07-14 e38 and e92 controller and should i buy the TCM vdf if i only want to use it for speed limiter ?

thanks

There are other options, like EFI Live or HP Tuners.

I decided on EFI Live for a few reasons:
    1. AutoVE Tuning Software is included with EFI Live, TunerCats OBD2 and Jet DST do not offer AutoVE Tuning Software.
    2. The one license per PCM, for most all OBD2 computers.
    3. I could download EFI Live and take it for a test drive (demo mode) before I purchased it: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    i dont want to pay for each car i flash i want what moates do VDF but with jet software because moates want me to buy roadrunner with it and when i searched at moates website i saw that when they sell VDF they say it works on jet software

I see, you want flash only. I was thinking a shop will want both flash and AutoVE Tuning.

For flash only, Jet Performance DST is a good price: http://www.jegs.com/p/JET-Performanc...62010/10002/-1

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    No I want both flash and tune only for speed limiter mil codes removal and rpm limiter so will jet sell me only the software so I can use it tunercat interface that I buy for 325$ shipped with winflash

Fuel Injected!
    Tuning software licensing can be confusing - most require a license each PCM or ECM that you wish to tune.

EFILive initially comes with 2 licenses - each additonal license is $125.

HPT initially comes with 8 credits (4 licenses) - each additional license (2 credits) is $100.

Jet DST initially comes with 4 licenses - each additional license is $100. You cannot use a Tunercat cable to get "unlimited" licenses from Jet DST.

If you want Tunercat, then the only option is to purchase a RoadRunner from Moates, which then allows you the option of purchasing their RT (Real Time) version of Tunercat.

Fuel Injected!
    Or find one of the Tunercat OBD2 setups with license from before they sold to Jet and get the software license transfered to you.

I do not own a Jet DST system, so I Do Not know how TunerCats VDF files or how WinFlash will work with Jet DST.

I do not like the words Jet DST uses in their advertisements, Jet DST is flash only. Jet DST will let you change tuning parameters, remove speed limiter, remove RPM limiter, and remove MIL codes. Jet DST WILL NOT calculate how much CHANGE is required make tuning parameters correct. EFI Life WILL CALCULATE (AutoVE Tuning) how much CHANGE will be required to the tuning parameters!

TunerCats is also Flash Only.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I do not own a Jet DST system, so I Do Not know how TunerCats VDF files or how WinFlash will work with Jet DST.

I do not like the words Jet DST uses in their advertisements, Jet DST is flash only. Jet DST will let you change tuning parameters, remove speed limiter, remove RPM limiter, and remove MIL codes. Jet DST WILL NOT calculate how much CHANGE is required make tuning parameters correct. EFI Life WILL CALCULATE (AutoVE Tuning) how much CHANGE will be required to the tuning parameters!

TunerCats is also Flash Only.

dave w
    Just about any good data link software will let you log data and build history tables. History table + Excel = AutoVE. With HP Tuners I can Realtime tune. I have ScanXL and have GM advanced PIDs as well as HP Tuners to datalog. I have datalogged GM, Chrysler, Ford, Nissan and a few others with ScanXL.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Just about any good data link software will let you log data and build history tables. History table + Excel = AutoVE. With HP Tuners I can Realtime tune. I have ScanXL and have GM advanced PIDs as well as HP Tuners to datalog. I have datalogged GM, Chrysler, Ford, Nissan and a few others with ScanXL.
    You can do AutoVE or AutoMAF with Excel - but correctly filtering the data can be a little tricky - and beyond the Excel abilities of most people. Accurately incorporating real time data from a wide band O2 is another hurdle.

EFILive has an excellent scanner (ScanTool) - it makes data collection, data filtering, and incorporating real time data from a wide band O2 readily understandable for most people.

Fuel Injected!
    ok i saw moates and i dont want the full package i just want RTOBD2 software and tunercat interface with winflash i know i should buy rr and i will buy it but a qustion what to they mean when they say this ("RTOBD2" : TunerCat RoadRunner RTTuner with 1 def) they say it comes with cable does this mean the interface i post the link to picture at tunercat ? http://www.tunercat.com/obd2/dealerkit.html
    so when i buy RTOBD2 no need to get the interface from tunercat because they already give it to me from moates

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    You can do AutoVE or AutoMAF with Excel - but correctly filtering the data can be a little tricky - and beyond the Excel abilities of most people. Accurately incorporating real time data from a wide band O2 is another hurdle.

EFILive has an excellent scanner (ScanTool) - it makes data collection, data filtering, and incorporating real time data from a wide band O2 readily understandable for most people.
    HP Tuners has an excellent scan tool as well and you can either add the Wideband through the interface or use one of the un-used -5 volt inputs on the PCM to add wideband to your datalog. I use the EGR position pin in my Express. With HPT Pro you get 4 or 5 extra channels for data that go directly into the interface. The interface can also store data without a laptop as well for later playback.
    Last edited by Fast355; 12-25-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I have HPT also. I prefer EFILive's scanner - to me, it is much more user friendly (but the unit also costs more than HPT). EFILive's interface (V2) has 9 inputs (four 5V, two 12V, two thermocouple, and one Serial Data). It can log data, as well as read and flash calibrations on its own (no laptap required). It also has a decent sized screen - where you can view data in real time (whether recording or not).

It is a bit of a Coke vs Pepsi discussion - where personal preference comes into play.
    Last edited by LRT; 12-25-2015 at 02:46 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    please no body answered me about my last reply for the picture

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by aboturky View Post
    ok i saw moates and i dont want the full package i just want RTOBD2 software and tunercat interface with winflash i know i should buy rr and i will buy it but a qustion what to they mean when they say this ("RTOBD2" : TunerCat RoadRunner RTTuner with 1 def) they say it comes with cable does this mean the interface i post the link to picture at tunercat ? http://www.tunercat.com/obd2/dealerkit.html
    so when i buy RTOBD2 no need to get the interface from tunercat because they already give it to me from moates
    Contact Moates directly describing your needs - repeatedly asking the same question here (in a slightly different way each time) isn't getting you anywhere.