Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ha! HaHaa!!! Hahahahaaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by historystamp View Post
    Fifty percent of BCC codes start with the letter A. Forty percent start with B. 99.98 are four letters long. ( Just a guess. )

See my attachment for an example ECM label. This avoids having to take the ECM apart.

Robert
    They all have them Robert. But many chips were supreceded and did not get a new sticker. So I guess if you can check the BCC and it's not superceded it should be correct. Except for the ones I have got from junk yard with aftermarket chips in them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I didn't write bithoist and I'm not familiar with the code. It probably could be rewritten into a CGI application but most of it's functionality is in the data manipulation of the .bin files. It reads a file, changes the data, then writes another file. That's not so easy to do through HTML without a bunch of user actions along the way. Are you looking for a program to verify stock calibrations?

I just fixed an issue with the main index page. The text result for the successful / unsuccessful searches was pasted into the new page instead of the original code. I kept wondering why the count wasn't increasing. lol.
    OK sorry, glad I stopped there and let you test. I have some more work to do on them for appeearence and links but seems to be stable.

The BitHoist code looks very similar to what's in BCC Find. I have never tried to run it not really understand how it works. I thought it just found an availble bin? We probaly have 1000 bins...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Administrator
    The BitHoist code looks very similar to what's in BCC Find.
    I looked through some of that code last night but I didn't get more than basic clues as to what was happening. Ludis was/is a professional bordering on a guru when it comes to programming and electronics. I'm not close to that level.

Someone, not me, posted BCC Find on TGO...

-= =-

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Let's see if it drives any traffic this way.

I adjusted the link colors and straightened out and added an HTML: space character in the index page before the search counter because Mozilla composer kept auto-formatting it out. I uploaded photos of other chips to show the different ways the BCC can be found. Think there's a need for them? If not then I think everything looks good from this end.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    LOL, not familar with 1project2many's other UNs? ;)
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Administrator
    lol

"Some call me....... Tim!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTbrIo1p-So
    Last edited by 1project2many; 01-28-2012 at 08:39 PM.

As far as BitHoist goes, a possibility would be to build a front end to interface the existing BitHoist. Build a "small" GCI Script that would call the existing BitHoist. BitHoist can be called so as to send it's output to a file. Display the file results.

I did download the zip file. Documentation is on the light side.

Next time I'm over at a library, I'll see what books I can find on this topic.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    LOL, not familar with 1project2many's other UNs? ;)
    Some call him Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Let's see if it drives any traffic this way.

I adjusted the link colors and straightened out and added an HTML: space character in the index page before the search counter because Mozilla composer kept auto-formatting it out. I uploaded photos of other chips to show the different ways the BCC can be found. Think there's a need for them? If not then I think everything looks good from this end.
    Whatever your opening up the HTML page in is messing up the table borders top and bottom, unless you made the gray lines look like gray boxs? Nope it's adding <BR> everywhere. It happened last time too? Other than that I think it looks fine and works fine. I have Moates banner add for Find page and TunerPro banner ad for result page. We can add links to left for good write info or some old GM C3/C4 cross tables. I have a lot of ideas and more are welcome.

-= =-

Administrator
    Really?? I've been using Mozilla Composer lately but apparently it's trying to be smarter than I am. Any suggestions for a good editor before I give up and go back to using Windows Notepad?

If I had a copy of Dreamweaver I would send it, but it was loaded on this desktop I have. Notpad is good, I have EditPad because it does better stuff for CGI work. I friend suggested Notepad C+...

I got them looking good again, your work in middle was untouched, so I don't know how much more HTML you want to do? Maybe there's an option in Mozilla Composer to turn that off? It added <br> everywhere which is OK in like a <p> tag or anywhere a break is needed but the way that template was was built in tables width='1" which leaves a little line. Add <br> and it's a big space... It also changed all upper case to lower case and added some <tbody> tags which are failing my browser check errors? Weird... if it did that in a bin you'd be screwed! Luckily this is loose html... and not XML.

Anyway I think they look OK and still work. Put logo in and Banner ad in. Links are all black so they don't dissaper...

-= =-