Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7747 help

Electronic Ignition!
    Right on Much appreciated. Yeah i'm kinda down myself over the next few days. All but 1 of my kids are coming home for xmas.

Okay, I see a couple of things in your log. First, the BLMs aren't too bad for sitting at idle. Your knock counter is working, and when you rev the motor, you do get an increase in knock counts, but nothing serious, so don't worry about it. I am not aware of any vehicle that does 200+ mph in park, so that is strange. and lastly, your IAC counts look high for idle. my truck sits at ~3 counts at idle. your is 47-48, a little high. I would work on getting that down first. try an IAC relearn first. You also may have the blades on the TB closed too far if you fiddled with that.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Electronic Ignition!
    Great thanks! The idle did start to go high all of a sudden. I'll do the relearn and check that out. I did notice when I come to a stop it wants to jump in rpm and then it slowly comes back down to around 800. This is a manual sm465 4 speed. So not sure how to turn the park neutral off. Also I have auto meter gauges and I used there VSS and was reading somewhere it was to many pulses and there was a way to fix it and still use the 16 pulses for the speedo and get 2 for the ecm but for the life of me i can't find where I read it. Can you tell me how you opened the file and read it? I can't seam to get all the data to load. Thanks

I start tunerpro, go to the acquisition tab, and click load log file. That will load it into tunerpro. then use the start button on the right to playback your log. You can start stop go backwards and forwards in the log to look at things. I think the easy way to fix the park neutral switch is just ground it. You will have to fix the VSS pulse count to get it to run correctly. Your jump in rpm as you come to a stop is programmable, and after you get timing and fuel straightened out, you can adjust that.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes willy View Post
    Also I have auto meter gauges and I used there VSS and was reading somewhere it was to many pulses and there was a way to fix it and still use the 16 pulses for the speedo and get 2 for the ecm but for the life of me i can't find where I read it.
    You can divide the pulse count using a D-type flip flop divider circuit. You will need 3 "clocks". The first to divide the 16 in half for 8, the next to divide the 8 in half for 4 and the last to divide the 4 in half for 2.

I was once using the 1227747 ECM and I don't recall any parameters in the BIN to make corrections for speed inaccuracy.

If you were using a Novak Conversions VSS, you could run the sine wave output into a VSSB/DRAC and then have the ability with that to make corrections for speed.