Hello there. This is my 1st post. I have been reading for a few months now. I am ready to start tuning. I don't know how to state my questions to get pointed in the right directions so please bare with me.
What I have: 87 chevy tbi 5.7 bored .30 over with comp cams 12-249-4 cam. tranny is SM465 and 4.56 gears. electronic speedo. When i bought the engine the guy gave me a computer with it. Not sure if it was from that engine or not. I have completely rebuilt the engine and put it in a jeep that I built. I have 7000 miles on it and it runs good. I have taken off all the smog stuff and blocked the EGR. It has always smelled rich. So because I want to know everything about this jeep I started looking into dataloging and got set up for winALDL. and it shows me running rich at idle and lean at speed. I was also getting and EGR CEL. Then i started looking at tuning. so I ordered the auto prom from moates. It runs good but not right so far and I just wanted to tune it for reliability and to protect the engine and understand it. But I am kinda cautious so I went to the junk yard and grabbed another computer. I did this so I could have a back up computer as well incase I was stuck somewhere deep in the woods.
The BCC that I started with is AKAJ. The JY one was ARPB but I removed it from a chevy truck. I don't recall the year and there was no engine in it. I soldered in the G2 socket in the JY computer but was never able to find a ARPB bin. so when I was looking I found the AKAJ one on this site. But below that one was one that said ACSC for and 87 R-V 5.7 with a manual. I though heck that one is probably better. I burned it and put it in and started it up. It ran fine except on take off. It would bogg down and back fire through the intake if i mashed it from a stop. rolling into it was fine.

Finally my questions. before I start messing with tuning can I start with that bin? Do I have to find a ARPB one? can I just burn the AKAJ stock one and start there? Thats the one it has been running on for the 7000 miles anyway.

Thanks
Mike