Thread: Considering selling Tunercat OBDII license...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Considering selling Tunercat OBDII license...

I have two licenses for TC OBDII and I'm considering selling one. I purchased a copy of TCOBDII not too long after the software was released and the buyer will get the original installation disk. Updates can be obtained from TC. I will work with TC to ensure registration is transferred properly. The interface cable is not CAN compatible and IMO is not worth including. I bought the software with a definition for the black box C/K truck pcm that works from 96-99 and I purchased a second definition for an '09 Malibu with 3100. These could be included or omitted. I believe I paid $350 for the original package and $80 for the Malibu license. As I have no idea of the current value of the license, I am entertaining offers.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    I have two licenses for TC OBDII and I'm considering selling one. I purchased a copy of TCOBDII not too long after the software was released and the buyer will get the original installation disk. Updates can be obtained from TC. I will work with TC to ensure registration is transferred properly. The interface cable is not CAN compatible and IMO is not worth including. I bought the software with a definition for the black box C/K truck pcm that works from 96-99 and I purchased a second definition for an '09 Malibu with 3100. These could be included or omitted. I believe I paid $350 for the original package and $80 for the Malibu license. As I have no idea of the current value of the license, I am entertaining offers.
    PM Sent

I am interested. No idea what it is worth, but I am doing a lot of Black Box PCMs and 0411s.

I'm interested as well, so I can get my hands dirty with some OBDII stuff.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Cool deal! Value could be exponential, LOL.

Side question. Do you suffer compatibility issue with yours, Windows wise? I get random crashing unless I hit 'er buttons just right.

Moates.net offers TunerCats OBDII (RTOBD2) sofware:http://www.moates.net/gm-1996present...-c-100_55.html

Flash Cable for RTOBD2: http://www.moates.net/winflash-tuner....html?cPath=97

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Moates.net offers TunerCats OBDII (RTOBD2) sofware:http://www.moates.net/gm-1996present...-c-100_55.html

Flash Cable for RTOBD2: http://www.moates.net/winflash-tuner....html?cPath=97

dave w
    Remember, you gotta buy a road runner to get that. So add the value of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    Side question. Do you suffer compatibility issue with yours, Windows wise? I get random crashing unless I hit 'er buttons just right.
    For Win 7 OS, I run RTOBD2 in Win XP service pack 3 compatibility mode. What I do to reduce or eliminate Win compatibility crashes is load the .cal file from the drop down menu; see attached screen shot. I still tend to get crashes when comparing cal files. I often have to load / browse to a .cal file, save the loaded .cal file, exit RTOBD2 then reopen RTOBD2 to select the .cal file I want to edit from the drop down menu.

dave w

That's how I am setup and almost exactly what I do. LOL. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    For Win 7 OS, I run RTOBD2 in Win XP service pack 3 compatibility mode. What I do to reduce or eliminate Win compatibility crashes is load the .cal file from the drop down menu; see attached screen shot. I still tend to get crashes when comparing cal files. I often have to load / browse to a .cal file, save the loaded .cal file, exit RTOBD2 then reopen RTOBD2 to select the .cal file I want to edit from the drop down menu.

dave w
    Using Win7 I was having a lot of crashes without any apparent cause or pattern. Tried everything and couldn't get it to be reliable enough to flash, crashed twice while flashing and got 2 corrupted PCMs (fixed them already but still a hassle).
    Then I emailed both Moates and Tunercats about the issue, I was told the tuner program was not designed to run in Windows 7 or newer, I was advised to use a Virtual XP Machine to avoid crashes since it was a known issue and there was no ETA for a fix. I did it and haven't had a problem since.