Thread: New guy from Tx

New guy from Tx

1994 G20 van with 278k 305 lo3 with a 4L60e 3.42 gears and 255/70/15 tires. Planning on upgrading to a LO5 block and I'm working on figuring out the heads and whether I want to use this ZZ4 cam i got for a good price or maybe use a LT1 cam from a B body.

When I went to buy it..lol it had been sitting in this back yard for a year.

got it home and cleaned it up.

Added some wheels and tires

then painted the grill and added a new exhaust

when I got it, the guy said it was going into limp home mode with the transmission, After some troublshooting found the ECM was bad so I got another 427 pcm from a blazer swapped my prom into it and i haven't had a single lick of trouble, Even drove it from Va. to TX fully loaded and towing a 5X8 u haul trailer with it. just needs more power.

Feel free to Check out my Youtube channel for all my other projects.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/CSXRockford
    Last edited by Jim_Rockford; 12-15-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Nice looking van you have there. I am personally not a fan of either of those cams you mentioned. I have run both. The F-car LT1 and the 395' Marine cam do better. As for lack of power, I wouls address the gearing before I tried to increase power. A locking differential and 4.10 gears would be on my to do list if I had that van. I had a 383 with TPI in my 1983 G20 and even with the power it made alont with a 2,600 rpm stall converter it was a pooch off the line with 3.08 and later 3.42 gears. When you put the 350 in, look into using a CPI 4.3 "W" vin S10 torque converter to get you rolling.

Hey fast, Been a stalker of your post over on Third gen and I subscribe to your Youtube, I have the converter ready to go in and Its already got the factory gov bomb. figured the b body cam would be better for low end torque ,,,I'm not trying to run the 1/4 , just good take off and power on the highway you know every goat path here in Tx is 75 mph speed limit..lol