Thread: TBI/TPI wiring

TBI/TPI wiring

Greeting all from Scipio,Indiana. I am installing a 1987 350 TPI into a 1991 1500 pickup that had a 350 TBI. My question is, can I wire the injectors into the truck ECM and use the truck TPS,ECT and so on wiring from the truck harness to the engine and have a running vehicle? I've been a wrench bender for more than 40 years but this is my first swap like this. Any and all help will be Greatly appreciated. Thanks

Administrator
    The TPI ecm should plug into the truck harness. You will need a teminal tool to pull some of the wire ends out of the truck computer connector and move them to the correct locations. You can connect the injectors to the truck harness. Check your TPS connector as it may be different. Make sure to get the knock sensor module (small black box) from the 87. you can use truck distributor with small cap if tpi part is different.

This sounds like what I needed to hear. I started this project a couple weeks ago and went fine until I got to the wiring. I have schematics but went brain dead as soon as I started wiring. Thanks again.