Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the GearHead-EFI forum helping tuners?

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93V8S10 View Post
    Could the videos have contributed to the high usage?
    Nope! He did it...

Although the You tube things are embedded here they still come from YouTube. I don't think it has any effecct on our usage. Since our server is unlimited it's really not a concern. It wass just strange to me that the first time I ever looked at usage it was big, but then had a HUGE spike day before.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    With the talent pool we have here it's good to check in on a regular basis.

This is a great site! Thanks everyone...

----------------------------------------------

The Apache web server keeps a log of everything it does. I'd assume there are programs around to analyze the log. ( Not that you have anything else to do. )

Robert

yeah i check this forum about as often as my wife checks facebook lol.It does help a lot,wished I was more help but for now I learn lol
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

Quote Originally Posted by droptopstng View Post
    yeah i check this forum about as often as my wife checks facebook lol.It does help a lot,wished I was more help but for now I learn lol
    They do EFI tuning on Facebook?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

yea they do tuning ......her and her girl friends tune tune my money and when I say lean I mean leannnnn lol
    Wise man once said,better to stay silent and let others assume your and idiot than to open your mouth and prove it........and yes im an idiot lol

well i know i have started reading on here and have learned a lot about the tuning aspect and what is the best for the gm tbi. me and a buddy of mine are dead set on the tbi's. i have my 92 camaro. 350-4l60e-427 swap coming now. his is a 92 suburban with a rebuilt engine already. 4l60e and a 427 swap coming sooner. i will eventually get into tuning but for now and this year i will keep all inhouse here for what i need. i have built a few tbi engines and have them running good. but the 427 swap has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by one92rs View Post
    well i know i have started reading on here and have learned a lot about the tuning aspect and what is the best for the gm tbi. me and a buddy of mine are dead set on the tbi's. i have my 92 camaro. 350-4l60e-427 swap coming now. his is a 92 suburban with a rebuilt engine already. 4l60e and a 427 swap coming sooner. i will eventually get into tuning but for now and this year i will keep all inhouse here for what i need. i have built a few tbi engines and have them running good. but the 427 swap has me intrigued.
    The best advantages I see with the '427 PCM swap are, faster processor, two timing tables (near idle / off idle), two fuel tables (near idle / off idle), and excellent low cost tuning / programming software!

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    The best advantages I see with the '427 PCM swap are, faster processor, two timing tables (near idle / off idle), two fuel tables (near idle / off idle), and excellent low cost tuning / programming software!

and easy with this sites help

I've learned a lot here. I haven't started tuning mine yet, still on the install part. Like Jeeps and Guns said, I haven't seen anyone downing anyone for asking questions. I hope it stays that way, so when I start asking questions, I'm sure I'll get any help I need.

Holy thread reserection!
    I have to to say though that this forum is my favorite forum for the reasons posted on this thread. It sure has gotten a lot more traffic than it did in 2012. I only wish I would have known about it back then. I did lurk on here for a year or two before joining, and reading old threads with eagle mark. I was saddened to learn he passed before I even knew about the forum. One of my favorite things he posted was that when his wife takes the car she has to ask him if it's the stock tune, or if he's experimenting, and that she didn't know he retarded the timing a little in what she thought was a stock tune to take out some harshness off the line. Lmao
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better