Thread: Help!!!Can anyone help me

Carb and Points!

Help!!!Can anyone help me

I have an 87 suburban with a tbi 454 and t-400 trans, couple of months ago,I was working on it, when I finished it @ about 2 in the morning, I put the battery cables on backward an fryed everything. Now, I trying to put everything back together,because this is my shop truck, Does anyone know where I can get both the chassis and efi harnesses. Thanks Chris jarczewski Starfighter Motorsports. shop #909-947-7730, cell #909-657-8382 Thanks again

Administrator
    Man, that's some bad luck.

I've repaired reversed cable damage before. Both harnesses got burned? Badly??

Fuel Injected!
    Chris contacted me about this and I pointed him here in hopes that someone here might be able to help him out. I rarely see any '87 style TBI vehicles in the junkyards around here, so I'm hoping that someone might be able to find what he needs.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Carb and Points!

sorry, for not getting back to you....

Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    Chris contacted me about this and I pointed him here in hopes that someone here might be able to help him out. I rarely see any '87 style TBI vehicles in the junkyards around here, so I'm hoping that someone might be able to find what he needs.
    Faston, If you have, or know where I can get all the harnesses for it, it would help me out alot.... Thanks again. Chris

Carb and Points!
    Fastacton, If you can help it would be welcome. I'm still looking, and can't find anything out there. chris the fuel guy

Administrator
    You may be looking for a rare bird. I'd recommend obtaining a harness from a 5.0 / 5.7 equipped R/V truck or one from a G-van made before 96 and adapting that. The van harness will provide miles of extra wire to shorten and splice as needed.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    You may be looking for a rare bird. I'd recommend obtaining a harness from a 5.0 / 5.7 equipped R/V truck or one from a G-van made before 96 and adapting that. The van harness will provide miles of extra wire to shorten and splice as needed.
    That is what I am thinking too. He could probably use a small block 350 suburban harness, remove the un-needed connectors and go that way too.

Carb and Points!
    Hey fast355, can I ask you something, If I use the suburban 350 harness would the ECM be basically the same one, or would I have to change it out.

Administrator
    I'm not Fast355, but the ecm is the same one, or close enough so almost all wires are the same. What is the number on the big block ecm? 1227747?

Carb and Points!
    1project2many, not sure of the number on the ecm. I can find out. does the harness have to be off a 350 that has tbi on it. or does that matter.

Administrator
    It does need to be from a TBI engine. The carbed truck engines back then don't have ECM control. I think you want to make sure it's from a square body truck so you don't have to make many changes.

Carb and Points!
    Sounds good to me, but what years are we looking at. an what models of trucks can be used

Administrator
    86 and 87 pickups, 86-91 Suburban, Jimmy, and Blazer, 87-91 Crew Cabs and Cutaway chassis. Starting in 88 the square body trucks were called R and V instead of C and K.

Carb and Points!
    1project2many, Thank you so much, At least now I have a starting point, on where to look. I'll you know how far I get with this.

Administrator
    Anytime! Glad to help!