Help with identification of BCC

Yes I searched the BCC look up. I cant find W
    what this was oem for AXCR

Administrator
    Google helps:
    http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...-bin-file.html

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...-auto-ecm.html

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-p...vette-bin.html

What's really funny is the last thread has a cut n paste from the first version of my currently defunct BCCFind program.

BCC= AXCR9819 Scan id= 9831 Part number= 16159800
    Release date= 10/18/90 Engine size= 5.7 Trans Type= Auto trans
    ECM/PCM: ECM #01227727

Used in cars:Chevy
    Possibly used in:CORVETTE/CONV CORVETTE ZR1

Options:
    With GM1 AXLE, REAR, 2.59 RATIO

With L98 5.7L GAS 8 CYL MFI

Electronic Ignition!
    Wow lightning fast response! Thank you for your help! I have been chasing my tail trying to tune with a v-6 memcal with the cylinder select code unchecked in the program and no knock sensor. I'm getting nervous tuning upper ve tables with PE removed without the KS safety net.
    I know some are able with WB02, but I not that confident. Time for the proper v-8 memcal.
    Thanks again!

Administrator
    No problem.

WB or not, the KS is a very good safety net to have in place.

Just out of curiosity, Did you intentionally start with the V6 memcal?

Electronic Ignition!
    I purchased a First Fuel TPI intake in 07 when Affordable Fuel Injection was their supplier of electronics. I was "sold" the wiring harness for the 1227727 ecu which i already had plus the chip program. the advise I received was appropriate at the time since I had no tuning equipment and wanted "plug and play" That is why the system was set up with no KS, no vss. I sent in the memcal that came with the corvette ecu I purchased, but since I was ignorant of things like BCC's I may have been sold a 1227727 with a v6 memcal and did not know it. I don't want to falsely claim that my v8 memcal was swapped for a v6 just because they knew they could and I would not be the wiser. I tend to give everybody the benefit of doubt and take responsibility for my own ignorance. I have recently discovered this memcal problem after installing the vss and KS which would not register knock. That is where I noticed that I have had the cylinder select code 41 bit turned off in my bin. When I set the bit of course I got a SES with....you guessed it...code 41.
    That is what lead to the discovery that I was tuning with a v6 memcal. I want the safety net of knock retard and I want LHM (limp home mode) to be functional. I didn't know the value of these functions when I purchased my system. So now the best fit for me is a memcal with a BCC that was OEM for 90-91 corvette with 5.7l auto trans and numerically low gears.
    Thank you again for sharing your knowledge.