Thread: 2003 Trailblazer 5.3 / 4L60E Drive by Wire to Drive by Cable

2003 Trailblazer 5.3 / 4L60E Drive by Wire to Drive by Cable

I'm looking for ideas / thoughts on how to modify the attached .bin file from Drive by Wire to Drive by Cable. The 2003 Trailblazer engine and trans are being transplanted into a Jeep. I'm using .cal files to flash with. The 12580055 OS seems uncommon? I was hoping to find and compare a Drive by Cable OS1258005 flash with the attached .bin, unfortunately no luck. Luckily, this 2003 Trailblazer PCM has the IAC components installed!

dave w

Go into the installed matrix options and change the etc option to 0. And go from there using a dbc calibration to copy the idle tables.i know it won't be the same OS but you have something to go off
    Last edited by roughneck427; 11-23-2015 at 08:22 AM.

What all is being swapped, where is VSS coming from? What fuel pump..... I ask cuz I care... LOL, no really, we do a lot of these and I just want to make sure you are all good.

Turning DBW off in the matrix will work but is the OS right for how you are installing? Just swap to known OS and be done with it. Its a 1 meg ecm.

We just did a conversion for Crawl Mag using 1 meg as DBC.
    Video 1
    Video 2
    Video 3

Pump module, dual 255 walbros in place of jeep module. They are racing it, so a level sender was not wanted.
    Attachment 9827

Fuel Injected!
    Also if the PCM is a 2003 it must be service number 12576106. Not all pcms have the drivers installed to control the iac.

Edit: see you looked into this already.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 11-23-2015 at 09:15 AM.

Update:
    The engine is a LM4 not a L33. Both LM4 and L33 are aluminum block engines, which can cause confusion. The attached .cal file will be a good option for converting a LM4 to DBC.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Where is the VSS going? In the adapter pre transfer case or in the tail housing?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    Where is the VSS going? In the adapter pre transfer case or in the tail housing?
    I don't have all the details for the Jeep, I'm doing the flash for this one. I've recommend using an 8K VSS with the custom flash.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I don't have all the details for the Jeep, I'm doing the flash for this one. I've recommend using an 8K VSS with the custom flash.

dave w
    Agh, k. I've had low speed accuracy issues when running the 8k since its actually only like 3 pulse per shaft rev when replacing a cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    Agh, k. I've had low speed accuracy issues when running the 8k since its actually only like 3 pulse per shaft rev when replacing a cable.
    I agree with low speed accuracy, kind of follows low dollar budgets!

dave w

Staying with the MAF?

Still interested to see what they do for fuel pump. Some guys say the stock jeep ones are all good but, again, builds I've done have proven that wrong.

The current plan is to use the MAF. I'm not sure what the plan is for the fuel pump.

dave w