Thread: Can anybody identify these BCC's and strange code41

Electronic Ignition!

Can anybody identify these BCC's and strange code41

AUSF and BJHB one came out of a 90's vette and the other? they both work in my $8D TPI 1227727 ecm .
    However if I set bit 41 in the program the ses light is set with the code 41. I tried the v6 memcal jumper mod ASSuming that the BJHB was a v6 memcal and ran very lean and surged at idle.
    Wat'sup?

AUSF seems to be $A1 mask. LH0 engine which is a 3.1 V6
    BJHB is for a 2.3L 4cyl (Quad 4) which was probably a grand am etc.
    Google search for BCCLookup.xls
    This spreadsheet has a lot of the Broadcast codes and what platform they were used in

You're getting a code 41 because the jumper trick only works in conjunction WITH a reprogrammed E/EPROM. The jumper alone only sets the hardware cylinder select, not the software cylinder select. Both need to be done in order for everything to work right.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    Sorry, I'm using EEPROM and Moates G1 adapter. $8D S_AUJP v4 in a 1227727 ECU

Then you either don't have the cylinder count selection correct in teh bin, or your jumper is installed incorrectly. Without the hardware and software cylinder select being correct you'll never get a good tune, and it will run rough.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Electronic Ignition!
    This is the jumper photo:
    The scalar for SETUP,Number of Cylinders: 0 Cyl Code for 8 Cyl in TunerPro editing software.
    When the switch is set for cylinder select diagnostic error, NO SES code 41, but idles like poo.
    Without the jumper, idles good, but SES code 41. This all started when I attempted to get a knock sensor installed when this was originally set up without. I guess I can just use WBo2 and plug cuts?

Are you sure the jumper is making good contact with the pins? I've used the jumper myself without issue, and know that sometimes getting good contact with the pins of the MEMCAL can be tricky.

Electronic Ignition!
    Verified contact with DVOM this memcal may be the 2.3l 4cyl (quad 4) BCC BJHB. I think the jumper may only work with the v-6 memcal.

Administrator
    The jumper may be causing a problem as the window for fueling mode seems fairly tight. Using this page for reference you can see that the four cylinder memcals I tested had a relatively low resistance between VCC and the cylinder select pin. I'd recommend modifying the memcal further by disconnecting pin 11 to remove the resistor network altogether. Then connect the jumper.

Interestingly, in my testing there were two configurations for OE Quad 4 memcals. Both singly cylinder TBI and four cylinder PFI modes were used.