Thread: 86 corvette tuning newb

Carb and Points!

86 corvette tuning newb

Hi my name is Brian. I am trying to help a friend with his newly purchased 86 corvette with 4+3 trans. The corvette's known mod's are heads and a cam of unknown size, a fpr, a larger fuel pump, and bosch 0280155746 injectors.

We purchased the moates burn2, ostrich2,aldu1, g1, and c2. I have gotten the tunerprort to log. I found a site stating that the injectors were 208cc's, so a bit smaller then stock. I have made adjustments to the fuel injector tables and upped idle and it seems to be doing much better. I dont have any other data on them besides size... Does anyone have a good source for bosch data?

I will attach the bin file I started with, along with the xdf and ads files. 86tpi is the one i found here i believe, the first tune changes got the car starting much better. Not sure if these are the approperate files, could someone take a look for me?

The car is constantly in and out of overdrive at times. I was wondering if that had something to do with using the wrong bin to start. Does someone have an adx a bin, and xdf file that would work better? This ads only has a few parameters and the graphs dont work. I was hoping that there was an xdf that had table comments, it might help the newb out a bit.

Can you pull check engine codes with TunerPro? Havent been able to find that in the help file.

I am not new to tuning. I mostly tune with hp tuners and sct. I feel way out of my element and would love some help. The cars still on the ground but as soon as I get these few issues sorted out, its going on the mustang dyno. Any help would be appreciated. I know how hard and long people have worked to get good at tuning these.
    Attached Files Attached Files