Hey guys,

So I'm running a Holley Commander 950 on a 1976 IH Scout II SV 345 V8 engine, and after two years with this system I just yesterday upgraded from narrow band to wide band and am really loving life .

But now that I am digging into the datalogs I have a few system events that I was never able to see before. Right now I am seeing that after shifting gears (manual trans) the AFR is temporarily lean at around 16.6:1 pretty much every time. It stays this way for a few seconds before returing to my target AFR of about 14 to 15 when closed loop compensation responds to the lean situation. I realize this is a short period of time, and that in some ways it is probably good that the ECU doesn't panic and try to rapidly add fuel, but it still makes me wonder if it should be responding more quickly to the lean condition or why it is occuring in the first place.

Here are a couple screenshots of my datalogs for reference. The upper orange line is the AFR, the lower orange line is Closed Loop Compensation, the blue line is RPM, and the red line is MAP:

Attachment 9782

Attachment 9783

So should I be modifying ECU compensation response times to more quickly and appropratly respond to these events, or am I just being overzealous and should let this go? Honestly the engine seems to run fantastic, but there is always room for improvement!