Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick question about auto trans ecm with 5speed manuel trans

Fuel Injected!

Quick question about auto trans ecm with 5speed manuel trans

Hello everyone

i have some codes I'm trying to track down, mainly 62 which on this 707 8B mask is a auto trans shift code. I'm using an ecm and bin file from an auto trans car with a 5speed standard trans. 1990 quad 4 from a grand am in a 85 fiero. Using apu1, tunerpro.
    My question is do I need to find an ecm for a standard trans or switch to a standard trans bin file or set this bin file to standard?? I have tried copy compare on all the trans settings I can find but I'm pretty sure it continues to come up. It's up now. I do have other codes I'm working out, 26, 13, 51, I have new o2 sensor going in now and clipping wire I think is causing quad driver code and 51 is probly me and emulator having issues but anyway I wanted to ask so I'm not chasing something I'm not going to find.

Thank you you all for your time

Administrator
    Do you have the trouble code mask? Disable the code? Also, there may be an auto / manual trans flag to change.

Carb and Points!
    I am not familiar with your ECM or mask, but when I converted my 95 Chevy (7427, $OD) AOD to 5 speed manual, I was running into issues as well. I would hit a wall a 3500 rpm. I tried modifying the auto trans tables to get the ECM to think it was manual mode with no luck. The ONE thing that did it was that I found a Flag for turning the shift light on or off. Once I checked the box to turn the flag on, I was good to go.

Fuel Injected!
    I have the standard trans flag checked but not shift light at the moment,they have settings but not the same as a standard bin I have to compare, why I didn't start with it I'm not sure. I have heard of turning off code. What is the trouble code mask?? :-)

Fuel Injected!
    Not sure I'm having problems because the light but it's always on so I don't know but I will look for all the shift light parameters and see.

Administrator
    What is the trouble code mask?? :-)
    The list of the locations for each trouble code flag so you can enable / disable them.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBanks78 View Post
    I have the standard trans flag checked but not shift light at the moment,they have settings but not the same as a standard bin I have to compare, why I didn't start with it I'm not sure. I have heard of turning off code. What is the trouble code mask?? :-)
    Trouble code mask? I don't think I follow. As for trouble codes, I wasn't throwing any that I can remember.

Administrator
    As for trouble codes, I wasn't throwing any that I can remember.
    The OP has trouble codes.

Trouble code mask?
    Yes. The listing of each code the ecm can test and record so the tuner can turn it off or on. Here's a trouble code mask from $42:
    Code:
    LD4FB FDB $00E0 ; 11. ERROR flag 1
    ;
    ; b7 ERROR CODE 12 NO DRP
    ; b6 ERROR CODE 13 OXYGEN SENSOR
    ; b5 ERROR CODE 13 OXYGEN SENSOR
    : b4 ERROR CODE 15 COOLANT SENSOR LOW
    ;
    ; b3 ERROR CODE 21 TPS HIGH
    ; b2 ERROR CODE 22 TPS LOW
    ; b1 ERROR CODE 22 TPS LOW
    : b0 ERROR CODE 24 Vss
    ;----------------------------
    LD4FD FDB $00E1 ; 12. ERROR flag 2
    ;
    ; b7 ERROR CODE 25 not used
    ; b6 ERROR CODE 31 GOVERNOR FAIL
    ; b5 ERROR CODE 32 EGR FAILURE
    : b4 ERROR CODE 33 MAP SENSOR HIGH
    ;
    ; b3 ERROR CODE 34 MAP SENSOR LOW
    ; b2 ERROR CODE 35 not used
    ; b1 ERROR CODE 41 not used
    : b0 ERROR CODE 42 EST MONITOR ERROR
    ;----------------------------
    LD4FF FDB $00E2 ; 13. ERROR flg 3
    ;
    ; b7 ERROR CODE 43 KNOCK SPARK CONTROL FAILURE
    ; b6 ERROR CODE 44 o2 LEAN
    ; b5 ERROR CODE 45 o2 RICH
    : b4 ERROR CODE 51 PROM ERROR
    ;
    ; b3 ERROR CODE 55 ADU ERROR
    ; b2 ERROR CODE 54 FUEL PUMP RELAY FAILURE
    ; b1 ERROR CODE 53 not used
    : b0 ERROR CODE 52 CAL PACK MISSING

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    The list of the locations for each trouble code flag so you can enable / disable them.
    I have list of codes but the auto trans shift dtc isn't in list to check off.

Fuel Injected!
    Well I have ruined 2 7427 ecm's using autoprom so I may have ruined this 1 as well because nothing I do to it makes it run anywhere close to how it was a month or so ago. I was out doin wot runs on and off highway and it was very impressive but after that night it has ran like crap no matter what I do.

Fuel Injected!
    Can I edit xdf to add the 26 and 62 dtc? Just so u know I have zero experience with this stuff and little with computers period so that list u posted is Greek to me. I have replaced ecm and all trans related stuff has been changed to standard and still get 62 shift code. My adx shows the codes but xdf does not??

Administrator
    You can edit the xdf.

Which xdf are you using??

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry bro it's 8B. I explored a little but canceled the add flag I looked at, I have really messed things up not knowing what I'm doing so I try and research first. The 8B stuff is not worked like the 0D, it doesn't have comments on parameters ect, ect, the ads file didn't have anything set up in it, someone here looked at it for me and got a dash going and a table to get me started. I added some data tables and a dash to adx and it worked but adding a flag had letter spaces I didn't understand

Administrator
    If you roll through the list of trouble codes from the service manual and compare it to the trouble code on/off locations in TP you can often get fairly close. I'll see if I can add it when I get to a machine with TP.

Fuel Injected!
    Really?? I'll look, my dad has owned this auto repair shop sense 1991 and we have Mitchell shop software and all kinda info but didn't think to look for missing parameters in the xdf until lately. I have seen how much the OD is use and just read some threads here about how EE is missing a lot cuz not much time has been spent trying to identify the code (trying to find best sequential mfi obd1 ecm, planned a7730 with 7427 for 4l80e) so I'm thinking I'm working with something (the 8b 707) that's not fully explored. I can post a bin and I'll look at dtc list....I would really like to know how to look at this stuff say hey here is some code with no parameter!! :-) what subject would that be? Computer or software engineering?