Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate LT1 $$EE patch thread

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by WASyL View Post
    that would be super cool to control radiator fan by TFT, very usefull when doing lots of burnouts and spins on lockal parking lot on hot days. will keep that trans a bit cooler to extend it's life :) My truck run 3000RPM converter :D

so yest please :)

best regards
    1b15 trans temp 0.75*x-40

1bd oil temp 0.8*x-40

fan1
    change
    86ae-[01bd->1b15]

tune
    2657 x*25 rpm threshold for fan1
    2658 timer for rpm threshold
    2655 threshold on lower rpm 9c 40 on
    2654 threshold on higher rpm 9c 40 off
    2656 hysteresis

fan2
    change
    8779-[01bd->1b15]

tune
    265a fan2 threshold if rpm lower
    2659 fan2 threshold if rpm higher
    2656 hysteresis

some initial findings.

Some tuning of oil thresholds will be needed. You can check some vette bins for data comparison.

Fuel Injected!
    kur4o sorry but my english is not that good as it should be. by "You can check some vette bins for data comparison." You mean to compare couple bins if thay have same values or do You want me to do something else ? i know noting about disassebbling codes. Descriptions You gave actuall match of what i see in tune except of "2658 timer for rpm threshold", this one i can't find in any tune with EE xdf

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by WASyL View Post
    kur4o sorry but my english is not that good as it should be. by "You can check some vette bins for data comparison." You mean to compare couple bins if thay have same values or do You want me to do something else ? i know noting about disassebbling codes. Descriptions You gave actuall match of what i see in tune except of "2658 timer for rpm threshold", this one i can't find in any tune with EE xdf

best regards
    You can check in a vette bin how this are set, since on other bins they are maxed out. That way you can have general idea how to set them.

The timer is some simple one. Wait some time before you switch to high rpm mode. For example you need to be xx seconds above 3000 rpm to switch.

This prevents some back and forth oscillations.

Fuel Injected!
    Oh ok, so on Vette bins they are not maxed out and values are how they should look, so if You are able to add this patch i can test it text week. I know when they should turn on.

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    any news on adding this patch ?

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    I was just doing some clean up of the xdf laying around and include the patch. Hope you have a way of testing it first on some really low trans temps to confirm it works.

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    thanks, i will test it on whole range of temps starting lowest possible and let you know next week.

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    just tested, works on whole range of temps. thanks a milion

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    kur4o i have went thru Your XDF and found wideband patch, how does it work?
    Also wondering if you can do another patches:
    1. 2/3 bar map sensor for boost application
    2. Noticed that there is a lot of space and unused tables, maybe you can create patch that adds proper TPS Accel Enrichment in SD mode. Maybe it is just copying code form like 92-93 LT1 to proper space in 94-95 PCM.

I would love to see these and even pay for creating them rather then switching to any SA.
    Best regards

Fuel Injected!
    The wideband patch allows you to use some of the free pins on the pcm to log 0-5v. It just change some of the datastream byte to enable logging it.

I think some other guy add it to the xdf and there is some instruction.

Adding a second map sensor to one of the free pcm inputs is easy. Converting the signal to linear data is way harder. Some experiments and logging of the sensor[with pressure and vacuum applied] will be needed. Checking output of sensor vs raw pcm input for linearity is crucial. Than we can use the converted data to add some boost fuel. I am not quite sure how much airflow can the pcm calculates before it goes maxed out. It is still 8bit cpu that don`t have much resolution. In boost we can use map vs airflow adder. Not sure how this can be tuned, since the ve tables are pretty much maxed out on NA engines, you had to increase cylinder volume to get more airflow.

Accel enrichment is pretty complex loop and is not possible to copy from earlier stuff. They do have vastly different engine operation code.There is some table that adds airflow based on delta tps but not sure if it is used in SD mode.

Getting some free time and is another factor that will make developing any of this way slower. A possible winter brain exercise if we can get good initial data for map sensor output till than.

Fuel Injected!
    2/3 bar map sensor is not crucial, i can go another way round. That Accel Enrichment is what I'm looking the most if possible. Just let me know how and I'll do all the testing you need.

They do have vastly different engine operation code.There is some table that adds airflow based on delta tps but not sure if it is used in SD mode.
    /Quote

Which tables and i'll start testing from tomorrow afternon
    Last edited by WASyL; 07-19-2021 at 12:41 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Made some quick patch to enable some of the maf correction in speed density mode.

Look in the pumpshot category @air fuel metering.

Added some better description too. The 12406-1240a are not enabled so don`t use them, all other parameters are now used in SD mode.

What it does is add or substract airflow on high negative or positive delta tps changes. Stock are very conservative so you might go a little higher.

Also change the threshold for burst knock enable to compensate since the same output is used there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Will start testing tomorrow and let you know. As for burst knock i disabled all knock feature long time ago. I just log knock and adjust spark table if needed.
    Last edited by WASyL; 07-19-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Carb and Points!
    kur4o,

would there be a way to add only the open loop idle v2 to Steve's EEX4.1 xdf?

Fuel Injected!
    so it looks lik it wants to work, but max value to input in table is 3.98 and that seems to be a little to low

best regards