Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The ultimate LT1 $$EE patch thread

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    Here is some cleaned up and revised version of all the stuff that is tested and working.
    It adds some interesting mode4 control like real time control of VE, maf/sd modes and end of injection time.
    You also get some enhanced aldl parameters.

How to install.
    1.You need to flash your PCM with eehack 4.7 with insert patches tickbox marked.
    2.Than read your bin.
    3.Apply all patches from the folder.
    4.Burn the bin with eehack4.7 IMPORTANT the insert patches box must be not ticked.
    5.Save the patched bin for future improvements.

To make available extra controls use the supplied eehack_v92.exe, which must be run from the eehack installation folder.
    Load the supplied definition file for improved datalog.

Instalation notes.
    You need to choose between MAF primary and Speed Density primary patches and apply only one of them.
    If you have indeterminate data warning when you apply the patches, first press remove patch box, than apply as usual.

Warnings.
    If you are runnig Speed density mode and apply the patch, make sure that the skip unused region tickbox is unmarked when you burn the bin.
    If the box is ticked the eehack will wipe the MAF table to FFs and switching to maf will not be possible.

I am working on a future version of eehack that will apply the patches automaticaly, but for now you need to follow installation notes exactly as written.
    Thanks for all this great work! I'm working to transition from LT1Edit/etc and would like to use EEHack along with adding wideband sensors to tune my VE's real-time after a full rebuild and cam swap.

Since i haven't used EEHack yet, I assume I run version 4.7, connect, download my existing program from the ECM before any of these steps you list above, or can I jump straight to 4.92?

THEN, I flash with 4.7 with insert patches checked and then read the bin back out. Then you say "apply all patches from the folder". How do I do that? I assume I am pulling in all the changes in your CSV file that was bundled with the 4.92 EEHack zip file; do I just go to the Settings/Advanced tab and point to your updated CSV, then does that "apply the patches"? Because then you say flash the new bin with 4.7.

And for this entire process when should I switch to running the 4.92 EEHack executable instead?
    Thanks again for helping me get up to speed here.

I'm running a 94 Formula, bored/stroked/nitrous 402 LT1 with dry and wet kits plus nano nitrous setup, 6-speed.
    E-Ticket

Fuel Injected!
    To apply the patch you will need to use another program called tunerpro. You can get it at www.tunerpro.net.
    Load your bin and the xdf file provided in tunerpro and you will see on the left side the folder. The patches are inside and you will have to apply them according to instructions. You can jump straight to 4.92. The reason I advertise using 4.7 to flash is because it is safer to flash with it, since 4.92 is not tested enough in that aspect.
    When you get familiar with tunerpro and learn how to use it you
    will get alot more parameters to tune also.

I see you will be using a nitrous kit. That will be a good possibility to develop custom nitrous patch to your needs. Just tell me how you need the PCM to behave and I will try to make it happen.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the reply. I am working to get my software environment set up with all this new software. I have been in the LT1Edit/Datamaster world for the last 20 years so it is taking a bit.

Full specs on engine is currently a 402 '95 LT1 (4.060 with 3.875 stroke), 256/264 solid roller Comp cam with .653/.656 lift (with Crower offset 1.55 rockers) with 114 lobe separation, monoblade TB, 1-3/4" long tube headers, ported heads and intake.

Nitrous kits are a single nozzle dry kit and a NOS pro race fogger soft plume kit, running separately and jetted for around 180hp and 300hp each, plus a Nano nitrous setup for bottle pressure.

Ignition is a Delteq 4 coil setup and gutted Opti (just optical sensor).

M6 transmission with viper OPS conversion, McLeod street twin clutch and SFI bellhousing, denny's nitrous ready driveshaft, Moser 9" with 4.10 gears and 35 spline axles (since I've broken and had to replace everything in this sentence).

I am planning to pick up the FAST dual WB sensor setup and wire them into the ECM so I can monitor at least one bank at a time and log WB's versus the OEM O2's.

E-Ticket

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the second version of Open loop zero tps patch.

Well tested and refined. Now you can specify MPH threshold, really usefull at low mph, zero tps conditions.
    It freezes blm cell 18 so you don`t lose the blm setting, when it enters open loop.

You can wire an external switch to command Open loop anytime you want.
    Applying ground to pin b23 will force open loop.

Since most of the earlier patches are now part of latest eehack version, I recommend to use it from here http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4&d=1539435916.

EDIT:

Re upload of xdf due to some stuff missing.

Please download again and delete old one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kur4o; 12-21-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Hi
    Excellent work.
    I guess those are two separate controls ? as I'd prefer a switch for closed/open loop control.

I played with the EoIT last week with not so unlikely results.
    My BLM's are slightly offset at idle. 120 & 122 when I started
    As i logged every 4 points across the table the "split' increased.99 143 was the biggest difference (split of 44 at 388 degrees 0x3B)
    ***Note: At about 56C-60C my RHS injector leans out (flatlines) The stock table has 0x40 at this temp ??

The LHS went down lowest to 94 139

Rolling back around the table the split came down the other way to a best of 118 117 @ 163 Degrees (0x63 in the table)

It drove OK (OKish compared to usual) and fueling seemed to have richened up around the lower parts of the VE Table

Anyone else seen anything remotely similar ?

I have a full writeup if anyone wants it posting with Inj PW & fast & slow idle.

Mitch
    '95 Z28 M6 -Just the odd mod.
    '80 350 A3 C3 Corvette - recent addition.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal_Crazy View Post
    Hi
    Excellent work.
    I guess those are two separate controls ? as I'd prefer a switch for closed/open loop control.

Mitch

The switch is checked first, If closed it will go Open loop.

Than zero tps with mph threshold are checked. If conditions are good it will go Open loop.

If you need only a switch for CL/OL I can you fix you with something.

PLEASE redownload the xdf. I fixed it a little.

Fuel Injected!
    Is there a chance by far for real time tuning for VE table ?

best regards

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by WASyL View Post
    Is there a chance by far for real time tuning for VE table ?

best regards
    No need to ask. It is already done.

All of the current patches are incorporated in latest eehack version.

To use them you need to download the exe file from here http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...4&d=1539435916

and flash your favorite bin with the patch box checked.

What`s available now is

Realtime control of
    maf/sd mode
    end of injection time
    Ve table control
    Maf table control
    delta ve control
    Individual cylinder correction
    Maf pumpshot correction
    All of the closed loop parameters
    Last edited by kur4o; 12-23-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    No need to ask. It is already done.
    sorry for my poor English but i'm international.

i have seen that version, i extracted both files (exe + csv) to eehack folder, changed path to new csv, i open up EEhack and can't find true VE table with realtime tracing cells and aadjust. all i see that i can is VE Control by adding -+x% (limited to +-5%) or choose cell by selecting row and cell number. I believe it does realtime but using it on street while tuning would be a nightmare. What i understand i would have to jump cell by cell, adjust with slider etc. memorise amount, jump to TunerPro and adjust then reflash with EEhack. That is a lot of hassle. That way it is easier to just log and go VE spreadsheet.

I'm asking if You are working on RTT like Tunerpro RT way. You and Stevo do lots of grate job any way.
    Last edited by WASyL; 12-29-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    i open up EEhack and can't find true VE table with realtime tracing cells and aadjust. all i see that i can is VE Control by adding -+x% (limited to +-5%) or choose cell by selecting row and cell number. I believe it does realtime but using it on street while tuning would be a nightmare. What i understand i would have to jump cell by cell, adjust with slider etc. memorise amount, jump to TunerPro and adjust then reflash with EEhack. That is a lot of hassle. That way it is easier to just log and go VE spreadsheet.
    What you want is not actually possible to happen. First my coding skills are not that good and second there is some limitions we have to cope with.
    Eside of the pcm can`t communicate while the engine is running. So you are only option is to send data to tside and tside send it to eside over spi bus. With that said it is pointless to upload the whole table since it will take forever[0.2-0.5 seconds upload time on a cell * 200 cells].

If you focus on a particular area it is very usefull tool to quickly dial the needed range. 5% delta change in ve table is good enough to stall the engine. It is there for safety reason.
    With all the other controls you can make a base tune in less than an hour that will be 80-90% close to the final tune. Basically for 2$ dyi cable and completely stock PCM it is not that bad. You get what you pay for.

You suggest some bad tuning practices I am no keen on.
    Tune and drive is really wreckless idea. Just a disclaimer.

Under no circumstances shall tha authors of EEHACK be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, damages arising out of or in connection with improper use of EEHACK software.

Multiple Flashing on the interstate in the midlle of nowhere can lead to bricked pcm. Another not that good idea.

I see you are not following close enough the thread. Since it was already mentioned that the modified ve and maf tables can be extracted from pcm on the next ignition cycle.

Carb and Points!

Thanks for the updates. Purchased FAST dual wideband kit, plan to wire into D12 (with a switch) and D27 to log both sides. May also add switch to ground B23 to force open loop in case things still get weird at the dragstrip.

First going to just log my idle/cruise O2's to make sure everything is happy and get it all adjusted for regular driving/idling before going to tune WOT on a dyno.

Fuel Injected!
    For a dual wideband setup you`d better use pins D12 and D21 or pins D27 and D31. The pullups resistors on this pairs match and there will be no ground potential difference between the two channels, thus more stable readings accross banks.
    D12 and D21 have 50 kohm resistor.
    D27 and D31 have 22.3 kohm resistor.

If you have troubles modifying the datastream it is a simple 2 bytes patch. Give me a note and will get an xdf for an easy reconfigure.
    Last edited by kur4o; 03-25-2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: typo mistake

Carb and Points!
    For a dual wideband settup you`d better use pins D12 and D21 or pins D27 and D31. The pullups resistors on this pairs match and there will be no ground potential difference between the two channels, thus more stable readings accross banks.
    D21 and D21 have 50 kohm resistor.
    D27 and D31 have 22.3 kohm resistor.

If you have troubles modifying the datastream it is a simple 2 bytes patch. Give me a note and will get an xdf for an easy reconfigure.
    Thanks! Yes let’s do 27 and 31 so I don’t have to deal with AC. I need to install all the tunerpro patches to get everything sync’d up first.

Fuel Injected!
    Apply the patch labelled "Log pin D31 on AC pressure channel [Wideband patch]" and at the AC pressure you will log pin d31 instead of pin d12.

Pin d27 is already setup in the datastream so leave it like that.
    Select pin d27 as wideband input in eehack settings. To get an accurate value for wideband channel 2 change the eehack definition file. Find the ac pressure and change the conversion so it matches the setting of the wideband input.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Here is some cleaned up and revised version of all the stuff that is tested and working.
    It adds some interesting mode4 control like real time control of VE, maf/sd modes and end of injection time.
    You also get some enhanced aldl parameters.

How to install.
    1.You need to flash your PCM with eehack 4.7 with insert patches tickbox marked.
    2.Than read your bin.
    3.Apply all patches from the folder.
    4.Burn the bin with eehack4.7 IMPORTANT the insert patches box must be not ticked.
    5.Save the patched bin for future improvements.

To make available extra controls use the supplied eehack_v92.exe, which must be run from the eehack installation folder.
    Load the supplied definition file for improved datalog.

Instalation notes.
    You need to choose between MAF primary and Speed Density primary patches and apply only one of them.
    If you have indeterminate data warning when you apply the patches, first press remove patch box, than apply as usual.

Warnings.
    If you are runnig Speed density mode and apply the patch, make sure that the skip unused region tickbox is unmarked when you burn the bin.
    If the box is ticked the eehack will wipe the MAF table to FFs and switching to maf will not be possible.

I am working on a future version of eehack that will apply the patches automaticaly, but for now you need to follow installation notes exactly as written.
    I want to try the open loop idle patch on my car. Do these instructions still apply when using Flashhack and EEhack 4.93?
    1996 Camaro SS #308, M6, 4.10, OBD-I Conv, OBX 1-7/8" Stainless Headers, Custom 3" Stainless Y Pipe, 2OTL
    355-Stock Crank, 6" Forged Rods, Forged Pistons-11.5:1 SCR, LE2 Heads, LE2 Ported Intake,
    LE/Lunati 231/239 110 LSA Cam, Comp Pro Mag 1.6 RRA, Ford LU34 36-lb Injectors, 58mm TB, SD Tune