Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: The ultimate LT1 $$EE patch thread

Fuel Injected!
    Okay cool, I wanted to make sure. 84Elky noted the 8-bit limitation in his description as well, but that to get around it, GM engineers had the routine run twice back-to-back so it could get twice the maximum value.

I had a feeling that the patch just cuts off those top values since the voltages are so low, but like I said, just wanted to be 100% sure before flashing. I've gone ahead and applied all the patches and filled in all the tables. I won't be able to test the new injectors for a little bit, but definitely looking forward to it! Thank you again!
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Fuel Injected!
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

If for some reasons pcm reads less voltage than actual, I have some other versions that can be run. Reading voltage directly from injector circuit, on a spare pcm pin.

If you change substantially the fuel flow, consider adjusting the prime pulse tables. We have a very good write up about it on some thread here.

I also have some version with fixed fuel flow on startup, because I decided that the patch was the issue for first longer crank issues I had, which proved not to be the case.

Fuel Injected!
    Good stuff, Good Stuff. Not really back to EOIT stuff, more of a question. Can the coolant axis for the lookup table for EOIT be pointed at rpm instead of coolant temp? The coolant temp reasoning from gm was to aid in cold engine warm up. The LT4 table allowed the hot cam to run in that car without tuning. We all know it wasnt great, but it got the job done. (6.0 in the entire table) Some really aggressive lobed cam combos i VE tuned were in the upper 90s and were wanting more than 100% in some cells. Clearly not possible. Those two got engine size upped a bit and fueling rescaled to get the numbers needed in the VE table. I know its not a huge deal for some. Ive backed off cam choices in some later builds to keep from doing a bunch of stuff like that. Two of the over 400" ones i was using 6.3 in the tables to make the upper rpm happy. near 20% in the idle area of the tune. I ended up going to an 65 lb/hr injector so i could get it to idle clean with such a narrow window of injection time. The stroke in them helped a bunch.

Again, you guys ROCK! I never got to get into the software this deep.

Chris

Fuel Injected!
    I was also thinking about some rpm modifier for eoit target, but refreshing that realtime will be useless. Since there is some scalars so eoit target don`t jump off like crazy but update slowly overtime. Eoit is also handled by TPU and it is really hard to tell what is in there. If you are willing to test some quick patch can be made, but the outcome will be unknown. LT4 calibration have some extra map for baro but nothing rpm related. At some higher rpm the injector using 85+DC% will be on almost all the time, You will need some real big fat ones to make a use of EOIT target properly. I did some calculations for the max dc% to make any use of it. For a full 720* of crank you have 20ms time at 6000rpm, remove the degrees for a intake duration, to get the needed ms time for an injector.

Actually eoit temp compensation for startup and warmup is much more important than you think. I did some extensive testing to overcome a lean hole at some specific temp window, and still it is not dialed the way I wanted. Making the eoit target logic a little doubtful and not great to play with. I think there is some synchronization logic that goes out of sync for some specific conditions, and it needs some time to reset.

I think some higher rpm adder can be made, after engine has been warmed, that is used above some certain rpm points. We can make it refresh each low res pulse so it follows quickly. How that will be interpreted by tpu is in question.

Pumpshot category

Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    Made some quick patch to enable some of the maf correction in speed density mode.

Look in the pumpshot category @air fuel metering.

Added some better description too. The 12406-1240a are not enabled so don`t use them, all other parameters are now used in SD mode.

What it does is add or substract airflow on high negative or positive delta tps changes. Stock are very conservative so you might go a little higher.

Also change the threshold for burst knock enable to compensate since the same output is used there.
    Hello kur40
    Just doing some reading and came across this topic.
    Is this feature in the current revision of eextra v.003.xdf ?

Thanks for the great tool!!!
    Jeff

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like we are talking for the speed density AE patch.

Here you can find the latest xdf and a link for the modded version for the eehack program.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post92678

Looks like we are talking for the speed density AE patch.

Here you can find the latest xdf and a link for the modded version for the eehack program.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post92678
    Thank you !

You mention at that link it is a PNG DOT so I take it it needs to be pointed to which format to work?

Fuel Injected!
    Some time ago lots of file got lost, during site maintenance. I am referring to a file that get lost.

Some time ago lots of file got lost, during site maintenance. I am referring to a file that get lost.
    Oh, OK.

When I try to unzip the link that ends in (1598039824) I get either of these two error messages.

View
    Compressed Folder Tools
    Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders
    Cannot Complete the Compressed (zipped) Folders Extraction Wizard
    The compressed (zipped) folder is empty.
    Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped) folder.
    To close this wizard, click Finish.

or

Date modified
    Type
    10/22/2022 5:10 PM
    Compressed (zipp..
    X
    Windows cannot open the folder.
    The Compressed (zipped) Folder 'C:\Users\hotro\Downloads\eehack_29_11_2019_v1.rar .zip' is invalid.
    Last edited by Hotrodhawk; 10-23-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    The second file is WinRAR format, so you won’t be able to open it like a ZIP. You need a program like WinRAR or 7zip to open it.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Ya, I feel real rookie about now. Its been forever since I've opened WinRAR stuff like windows 98...lol
    Any how I've got the speed density AE patch installed into eehack and functioning. Thanks kur4o & NomakeWan for getting me pointed in the right direction.
    Ill be getting back after this car once I get the optispark replaced next week. Nothing funner than having the low res signal causing some weird random "bumps" that have occurred very very randomly at highway speed over the last few weeks. 3 bump occurrences then total loose of fuel pump enable to relay followed by the dtc16 error setting.
    Last edited by Hotrodhawk; 10-23-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodhawk View Post
    Ya, I feel real rookie about now. Its been forever since I've opened WinRAR stuff like windows 98...lol
    Any how I've got the speed density AE patch installed into eehack and functioning. Thanks kur4o & NomakeWan for getting me pointed in the right direction.
    Ill be getting back after this car once I get the optispark replaced next week. Nothing funner than having the low res signal causing some weird random "bumps" that have occurred very very randomly at highway speed over the last few weeks. 3 bump occurrences then total loose of fuel pump enable to relay followed by the dtc16 error setting.
    Do you run SD (VE) mode only ? Cause this patch is only needed when You delete MAF sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by WASyL View Post
    Do you run SD (VE) mode only ? Cause this patch is only needed when You delete MAF sensor.
    Yes, my goal is to go back too SD once I get this sorted out from the drastic elevation change. With my move from Michigan to Northern Utah. From 800 foot elevation and now I'm at 4500 foot and have had the car near 9980 foot elevation.

Been back on the MAF for about 800 miles and things were looking good until the opti got weird with the low res signal flaked out.

Fuel Injected!
    I have never played with Baro correction so can't help You here. But i have been at 100 feet and at around 2900 feet too and never needed to adjust anything in SD mode.

Quote Originally Posted by WASyL View Post
    I have never played with Baro correction so can't help You here. But i have been at 100 feet and at around 2900 feet too and never needed to adjust anything in SD mode.
    I'm hoping the stock baro settings will be close. A 1bar gm map in the technical info shows they are calibrated from sea level to 15,000 foot.
    That testing will resume once they open those mountian passes around June 15th next year.