Thread: Try to wrap my head around it all

Carb and Points!

Try to wrap my head around it all

Hi,

I joined this forum a week or so ago and have spent a lot of time reading different threads and posts trying to get a grip on tuning and basically trying to wrap my head around everything that's here and about it so here's my situation and any help would be greatly appreciated:
    I have 93 4.3 CPI out of an S-10 blazer that had the 4L60E trany, I am installing this into an old 81 CJ7 and also am putting an NV3500 5 speed from a 97 S-10 4x4 truck. I would love to learn a lot more about programming and modification but at this point all I want to do is get the engine running and not look for the transmission behind it.
    1st, I can't seem to find a .bin file that fits my application with the 5 speed and CPI (or the 700r4 code would work to I think?), so if any one has information on that I'd be very grateful if you'd send it my way. 2nd, I'm confused about what PCM my engine is using: I have seen application lists that tell me the service number is 16197427 but my PCM box has 16168625 and the "unstuck" label of 16179571. I have found more 4.3CPI .bin files with $0D but there are references to the 93 4.3 using $E6. So I am confused and can't make sense of all the different numbers and files.
    I want to simply re-flash or get a new chip and flash the correct code to for my eng and trans. I think once I can accomplish that it will all start to come together for me. I work as a network engineer so computers and programming don't intimidate me, my dad was a mechanic, and got my A&P license after serving in the Army as a helicopter crew chief so all this stuff you guys know is right up my alley. Please help me learn.
    Thank you so much!

The 16168625 PCM is virtually identical to the 16197427 PCM. Have you looked at this link http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-E6 for a .bin file?

dave w

I think this link would be helpful also. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-0D

dave w