Thread: New from TN

Carb and Points!

New from TN

I'm new to this site but have already found it very helpful. I am transplanting a 305 v8 Tbi engine and transmission from a 1987 Chevy van into a 1958 Dodge pickup. Any and all help is appreciated.

The 305 TBI engine transplant into the 58 Dodge pickup will provide good modern engine performance. Do you have any plans to upgrade the brakes or other chassis parts to improve drive-ability?

One of the first vehicles I drove was a Dodge pickup from the early 60's, which needed some drive-ability upgrades!

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

The 305 TBI engine transplant into the 58 Dodge pickup will provide good modern engine performance. Do you have any plans to upgrade the brakes or other chassis parts to improve drive-ability?

One of the first vehicles I drove was a Dodge pickup from the early 60's, which needed some drive-ability upgrades!

dave w
    Yes, just installed front power disc brakes using brackets from Scarebird. Plans are to install power steering from 1972 Dodge pickup connected to tilt column from the van. Removed the floor pedals and installed hanging pedal.